Don't mention the Euro

Jim Roper

Jim Roper:

If people think that being the other side of the channel is so great, why don't they go and live there?

Jim,

Many of them do! Alot of Brittany and Normandy have English now settled in them.Also many areas of the Dordogne and the Loire also.

I have friends who have settled in these areas and they all have the same reasons for moving and that is "Quality of life" it is not that they dont like the English it is just that our country is becoming very crowded and very expensive.

England is spilling into France because we are running out of space, its very hard for good honest hard working people to breathe!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that he might have been suggesting that the rest of us non-xenophobes should go.

Paul

Jim Roper:

If people think that being the other side of the channel is so great, why don't they go and live there?

We are quitting in our droves. Normandy and Brittany are full of economic refugees from the UK.

Personally I complete my contract to buy my flat in Luc Sur Mer, Calvados, Normandy on the 4th of July and cannot wait!

Lots of us are fed up living in the overpriced hell hole that they UK has become and want to live somewhere where we can at least SEE WHAT WE ARE GETTING for the taxes we pay.

A better idea would be to set up a camp on the Isle of Wight where all those who would eschew the Euro can go and live with their pound and leave the rest of us to get on with the 21st century.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Paul_D:

I think that he might have been suggesting that the rest of us non-xenophobes should go.

We are all Citizens of the EU. We can go and live and work ANYWHERE in the EU. All you need to do is get up off your @ss, learn a language and go. I am sure that you will not regret it.

Pretty soon Cyprus will be coming on board. Nice and warm too. Do they get mullet in Cyprus?

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

corydoras:

Originally posted by Paul_D:

We are all Citizens of the EU. We can go and live and work ANYWHERE in the EU. All you need to do is get up off your @ss, learn a language and go. I am sure that you will not regret it.

Pretty soon Cyprus will be coming on board. Nice and warm too. Do they get mullet in Cyprus?

I tried to catch one when i was over there 3 years ago(well i think they were mullet)

Yes Cyprus is stunning and the beaches are wonderful but i would not like to live there as i am a bit fed up wiyh having to cross water to get anywhere.Mainland europe will do me nicely maybe the pyranees(stunning) or a nice little fishing town in northern Spain (the best cooked sardines i have ever tasted)

What i always enjoy to watch when i am in France or Spain is the way that there children are never indoors. They are always out playing on the beach or quite often fishing on the local rivers or on the rocks.

Our children are now by far the most overweight in Europe and i can see why. You realy do notice this when you are over there and there are many reasons why, none of them our childrens fault.

Even when the weather is good many children choose to stay in and play computer games and why because quite often there is nothing out there for them because its all private land or someone has built a house on there local park "You know the one that Daddy used to play in when he was little" :mad:

doc_tench:

What i always enjoy to watch when i am in France or Spain is the way that there children are never indoors.

When my wife and I split up she asked me if I would mind if she took the kids to France with her. I agreed immediately. They are much better off in France. Proper schools, a first rate health system, public transport that works and affordable housing swung it for me. As soon as I can get my flat sorted and a job I will be off to sunny Normandy too :)

Frnace also has the advantage of cheap booze and fags! I speak fluent French and have spent a lot of time in France - But I would miss Blighty if I moved there for good.

I don't want the Euro!

Tight Lines,

Matt AKA "The Kid!"

FishingPosts

If we join the Euro it will open the flood gates which are already slightly ajar for every immigrant coming into the European community to march straight into the United Kingdom for a free handout.

Once Poland joins the Eu there will be tens of thousands of them fleeing Poland to live in the UK.

I work with a Polish girl who has told me that the Germans are buying any property that comes up for sale in poland because they can afford it and the polish people cannot.

They then rent it out to the polish at high prices.

Also if we join the euro the Germans and French will be setting our interest rates for our mortages and loans.

As you all know these are at their lowest for years making them affordable to most UK citizens.

House prices in Germany and France are half of what they are in the UK.

You can buy a four bedroomed house with 10 acres of land and a two acre lake for about seventy thousand pounds in France!!!!!!!!

In the Uk you will get a one or if you are lucky two bedroomed starter home in most locations in the UK.

AS SOON AS WE JOIN THE EURO INTEREST RATES WILL RISE BY TWO TO THREE PERCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our housing market will crash and there will be hundreds of thousands of people losing their homes as they cannot make the monthly payments on their mortgages and loans!!!!!!!

As there is a housing shortage already where will the local councils house these people as their council houses are already full of immigrants and scroungers.

Its no wonder the National Front and British national party is gaining more support across the country day by day.

There are some who say the BNP should be made illegal or banned. These people forget we live in a democratic country with freedom of speech and it is a peoples right to vote for this party, the communist party or the raving looney party if they so wish.

The EURO thing should be decided by a national referendam as it should be the peoples choice not the goverments.

Generations of British servicemen and civilians have fought and died in various wars and conflicts around the globe and in Europe to keep Britain a free country as it is today and to maintain our values on/and our way of life.

If we need to change currancy why not change to the USD which is the main currancy used for trading across the world and has the biggest gold reserve in the world to protect it?????????

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Apache:

Frnace also has the advantage of cheap booze and fags! I speak fluent French and have spent a lot of time in France - But I would miss Blighty if I moved there for good.

I don't want the Euro!

Apache,

Thats right Cheap booze cheap fags which in part is a cheaper cost of living.

But you dont want the Euro? Please explain. :)