Don't mention the Euro

Jim Roper

aanthony:

corydoras

That's exactly right, the UK economy does not dictate my work at all. :P

Funny....so many over inflated egos...so many people think they know better. :rolleyes:

It would be interesting to know what line of work you are in then.

I don't have an over inflated ego, nor do I think I know better. I am just a Jo Soap that thinks the UK will be better off in the Eurozone, that we will have to go in sooner or later and the sooner we join the more influence we will have on the future of the Euro. At the end of the day if the UK does not join it won't bother me. I have bought a flat in France and will be moving there permanently within the next 12-18 months.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ 16. June 2003, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Corydoras

Landscaping....grass, shrubs and plants in general have a nasty habit of growing no matter how the economy is performing. Yes I need fuel and spare parts but will the costs differ whether part of the Euro or not....very much doubt it! :confused:

Why exactly must we join the Euro sooner or later?

[ 16. June 2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: aanthony ]

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

Jim Roper:

I see the EU is banning us from using creosote!

Absolutely true. This is because one of the constituents of creosote (benzo-alpha-pyrene) is carcinogenic and is part of European Commission Directive 2001/90/EC.

It has got NOTHING to do with the Euro.

corydoras:

corydoras:

I see the EU is banning us from using creosote!

Absolutely true. This is because one of the constituents of creosote (benzo-alpha-pyrene) is carcinogenic and is part of European Commission Directive 2001/90/EC.

It has got NOTHING to do with the Euro.

Sump oil causes cancer. Are they going to ban that, and what about the almighty cigarette?

I can show you secondhand railway sleepers that were put in as gate posts in WW2, still in use, and tanalised (containing arsenic, I think)posts (the remains of them)that rotted off in 5 years. So much for saving the planet's resources. Just another example of centralised decisions.

Adoption of the Euro is more than the thin end of a wedge. There are barbs on it that won't let it be withdrawn.

If you're going to live in France, why are you concerned about what currency we will be using back here.

Perhaps you prescribe to the Helmut Kohl theory. By the tank or by the bank!

[ 16. June 2003, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

doc_tench:

Thats right Cheap booze cheap fags which in part is a cheaper cost of living.

Not here, they're not. Puffed one fag over 40 years ago and buy less than 20 pints of beer a year. They tell me it's over £1.00 a pint now.

Got to pay for the health problems they cause, somehow, I suppose.

Jim Roper:

If you're going to live in France, why are you concerned about what currency we will be using back here.

Because I will still have lots of family left here and I want whats best for them.

Jim Roper:

Why learn a foreign language when everybody else wants to speak English? Except the French of course!

This is just plain daft. When are you guys going to wake up to the real world?

I cannot believe that there are people who claim to be patriots and yet will let this country lose hundreds of millions in new investments. Not to mention the lower interest rates (and hence lower mortgage payments) they would pay if we joined the Euro.

Why do you want Britian to lose out? Why just for once can't we get ourselves into the driving seat? Why do you always leave it to Germany in France to make the rules?

We will never be in the driving seat in Europe.

Every vote in this country will be cancelled out by a lot more somewhere else.

Why do they want us in anyway?