BMW's

doc_tench

awaaar:

but I would imagine trying to push an X5 round a bend sideways could get a tad scary..

The people I know with 4WD BMWs seem to like them. The estate versions make great shooting brakes.

In Germany BMWs are known as "butchers' cars".

[ 09. June 2003, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Jim Roper ]

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim Roper:

quote:

Originally posted by awaaar:

[QB] come on gents.....rear wheel drive cars are for real men

But 4x4 Beamers are better!

Yeah right, using technology that they ripped off from Land Rover. The only reason that BMW bought Land Rover and then punted it again was to get at Land Rover's 4WD technology.

Best 'off road' is a short wheel base defender, next is a UNIMOG but they are a tad OTT and more than a little expensive.

Talking about expensive, I saw an interesting article on the news this morning. Apparently someone is now importing the Hummer H2. That should really be something for the school run. I am not sure what this would be like in a real 'off-road' situation but it should be at least as good as a Land Rover.

All other (sweeping statement) 4x4's just pay lip service to getting down and dirty IMHO.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote