The 1st cuckoo of the year.

Guest sslatter

Well everyone's gotta make a living - I reckon he thought he'd pick up a bit of business it being half term 'an all...

Chris

[ 18. February 2003, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

A sub-henchperson from one of the magazines I write for has just sent me a reminder - about my overdue JUNE copy. :rolleyes:

Still - soon be Christmas, eh?

Terry

[ 18. February 2003, 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Wordbender ]

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.

The World has gone mad!!!!

I let the "Pup" out for a last minute pee before bedtime (12:15am!!!!) a couple of weeks ago and stood at our front door watching him whilst being treated to a very loud "Dawn Chorus", yep birds singing their hearts out just after midnight. Not believing my ears I got 'er indors to have a listen just to confirm I wasn't going mad. What's going on??????

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I have a shallow metal bath in the garden that the birds drink from. It was frozen solid so I knocked the ice out and refilled with clean water.

Within minutes the robin, sparrows and blackbird were queing up for a bath in it. It was still white over with frost and bloody freeeeezing. :confused:

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Know what you mean John, I've got my stream running again and the birds love to bath in it even when the edges are crusted with ice. One Robin was still at it as it got dark today,surely will freeze to death tonight!

I will see if it is around tomorrow,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic