yippe got my website online

JackPike

If this is your first attempt at a website then it isn't that bad. That is to say it isn't good either ...

Do yourself a favour and your potential users .. lose the animated gifs ... They bothered me after about 3 seconds ... The background will also make usability and readability worse. Just keep it simple ... and tasteful....

Go to Jacob Nielsen’s website ... http://www.useit.com/ you can learn a lot from this man ... Try to keep the colours pleasing to the eye so they don't induce an epileptic fit.

I make no apologies if you think I am ripping your hard work to bits ... I am ... you asked!

Just take it as constructive as it is supposed to be. Another tip for you that will put you way ahead of the field. Learn to hand code. Once you have learnt to hand code you will then know exactly what you are doing and actually understand what these WYSIWYG programs are doing for you instead of just pressing a button. This will then in turn increase your design skills and you will not be constrained by a program … your creativity will improve because you will know what you can do …

Good luck.

Chris

OUTrageous

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's your front page, it might be worth using an apostrophe in Jack Pike's, instead of a comma.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Ok I will get rid off the gifs I know about the coma when I put the'in it came up as a square I am thinking of this websitemore of a project than serious thanks for the tips keep them coming

He who simply trys, Is not trying hard enuff