recycling ,con of the decade

chesters1

i had an amusing (to me) "chat" with a very pretty

"green" lady in town today :D

as i was going to the bank to get some cash this lady handed me a paper ,"whats this i enquire" she replied" its the list of recycling points around the area" the devil stirred within me (and other things )

"ah but the hogs back isnt mentioned" i said

"the hogs back is a landfill site" she replied a slight quiver to her voice :)

" so you hate your prospective great grandchildren then " i say

"err what do you mean "a puzzelled look in her expression," you seem to be denying your great grandchildren work"

"err what do mean " with THAT look in her eyes ,whilst glancing round for prospective saviours if needed :D

" if we keep dumping stuff in holes then THAT becomes a source of VERY valuable metals when we run out of natural supplies" i say

" yes but we should recycle now " she countered

"ah but if we extend the lifetime of natural resourses by recycling there will be no incentive to make the actuall fabrication of items more efficiant and to cut down on waste" i say

"yes but if we start now in the future we`l be more efficiant" she says

"no we wont ,we will not have any resourses at all"

"how do you work that out" she enquires

" because money is involved , if say we make a ton of copper we waste say 10% in unusable waste ,if we recycle it then each time we make a ton we lose 10% then as time goes past copper turns to waste"

" yes that will happen anyway" she says

"no it wont "i counter" when we run out of natural supplies of copper ore then we can use the loverly supplies in every tip ,it will be so expensive to buy it will be profitable to employ people to recover copper ,the very expense of copper will demand that the waste will be much less than today"

"hum" she said

" so recycling is a bad thing in reality it encourages waste"

"hum" she says :)

"on the other hand ,there is a way of avoiding landfill altogether" i say

"AH" she says ,eyes britening " hows that"

"well" i say " ship it to africa ,if they can make a living recycling THEIR poor quality rubbish think what they COULD do with ours" :D i left her to her thoughts.

getting back on the bike she still was handing out leaflets ,

they just wont listen will they :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Sorry Chesters, I have just got a mental image of you and your Honda.......hot afternoon....you with heavy coat and tank drivers goggles and brown leather gauntlets.....old grey flannels and trainers.....If you are like that then ANY female is going to look good. :D

Den

Do not mention my new hat :D:D

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

almost correct den :D but a flourescent yellow coat :D the last thing i want if i`m dying in the gutter after being knocked of my bike is the drivers excuse "sorry i didnt see him officer" :D

i also wear a coat at all times of the year ,having seen what happens to peoples bodies coming off just wearing a t shirt and shorts (skin wears away in a very short time the bone takes a little longer) i hopefully will get a couple of bounces in before the coat wears through :) at a max of 50mph i hopefully should have slid to a stop before the skin has gone :)

i hate the summer lots of flashy bikes taking up the spaces :mad: how do they get experience of biking if their bikes are in the garage when it snows :confused:

[ 19. July 2003, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

quote:

Hey hey! Chesters1 your a scoota boi

i did when they were fashionable :)

not your common ones though ,zundapp , cresta , prima`s etc

now im a honda90 man top box and all :D

Chip

Who said there was anything wrong with scooters? I bought myself a Speedfight 50cc the other week, i'm 32 and i'm loving it.....what a blast! :)

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

err are we talking about scooters or scooters :D

If car bodies were of a material that did not rust, it would go a long way to reducing carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

That's what I think, anyway.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net