Crazy World.......

Paul_D

"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, France is accusing the US of arrogance and

Germany doesn't want to go to war."

Paul

Tinca61:

the best golfer is a black guy,

Since when did the colour of a persons skin have anything to do with playing golf? :confused:

quote:

Originally posted by Tinca61:

the best golfer is a black guy,

-------------------------------------------------

Since when did the colour of a persons skin have anything to do with playing golf?

AJP - Crazy, according to my Dictionary, reads ' fantastically composed of irregular pieces (as a quilt or pavement)'

It's what makes the world go 'round.....or have you got a different adjenda?

Paul

I don't have any agenda Tinca61.

I merely responded to your post, and still fail to understand why you think it's crazy that the best golfer should be black.

ajp, re: top golfer who is a black man - it is a little unusual and there is an economic reason.

Most top level golfers start when they are fairly young and play a lot growing up.

In the US, golf is a fairly expensive sport to take up. Most of the better courses are private with substantial annual fees. And the ones that are completely public where you only have to pay green fees are away from cities.

The bulk of the US population of black/african Americans aren't in a socio-economic situation to make golf a sport of choice for their children. Some are and do but the numbers aren't huge. And the incidence of people (of any race) who can play golf at the professional level isn't high. So it's pretty much a numbers game.

The same holds for tennis and the Williams sisters are almost as much of an anomaly there as Tiger Woods is in golf. Similar reasons.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President