Sky

Andrew

Took delivery of the new all singing all dancing Sky Hub last Thursday as they put it.

Our best ever wireless router gives you WiFi throughout your home. Included when you join Sky Broadband.

Unpacked it, followed the instructions to a T, waited, waited and waited for it to link to the internet. NOTHING, ZILCH BUGGER ALL.

A phone call to Sky, usual response, reading off the script sheet. My old router was working, but i was offered the new one free of charge BTW.

After about ¾ of an hour it was agreed that they would send me another Sky Hub out, that was after they admitted it was faulty. Being delivered today, mmm lets see what happens with the new one. :nerd:

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Daughter bought THIS after Sky cut her BB and phone ff 4 days before the house move. Used it yesterday, WOW, fast. 1 month rolling contract, cancel any time.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

the 3g and 4g mobile broadbands can be really good~ but if you don't have 3g or 4g in your area your kinda screwed!

sadly its not an unusual scenario for any BB company to send out a faulty router...ive had more than my fair share whilst setting up peoples BB for them

Just installed it mate, been on the phone about another matter with Sky, and hey they have refunded me with last months fees. Happy days with Sky,

Oh and the router is working fine :icecream:

“Vescere bracis meis”

If I stand on a stool and hang out of me kitchen window holding on with me right hand, outstretch me left arm as far out and up as I can I get one bar on me mobile: do you think I'll get 4g coverage ?

Smile they said life could get worse, I did and it was

:bye2::crazy: er, no

“Vescere bracis meis”

No thats an idea mister :clap2:

“Vescere bracis meis”

I have found the wifi range on the new (fibre) router is very poor compared to the old one but it can handle muliple devices ok, I have had a smart TV, two android phones, four tablets, a blueray player and a WII connected at once - the connected devices performance wasnt the best (understandable).

Also like the fact that I can manage the router from a tablet using an app.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!