The mullet virgin has scored!

LeicesterCarl

OK, so they weren't huge fish, but all the same...

Last night, fishing with Chippy at Havre de Pas we had about 30 huge bites between us - Chippy managed to land a mullet scale (without a landing net too... ) and I finally managed to connect with one and landed a small thick-lipped mullet of about a pound and a bit...

That's not all...

This morning I joined the legend that is Phil the Fish on the end of Albert pier (he'd been there since 4am, I arrived at 6am) and had 4 more bites of which I connected with 3, landed two and lost one. The two I landed were again small (15-16 inches) but one was a golden grey and one a thick-lipped. The one I lost felt like a right great lump... headed very purposefully for the end of the pier and wasn't stopping in a hurry... the hook pulled out before I could do anything sensible... :(

Few more days to go... here's hoping for a big one!

Still waiting for a high tide to reach Leicester...

LeicesterCarl:

the hook pulled out before I could do anything sensible... :(

That's why I use a rod with a soft tip and a centre pin reel .... doesn't always help though!

Welcome to the ranks of the mulleteers :)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

good to see you boys are getting amongst the fish

but leave a few for us manxies that are coming to invade you in sept!!!

got smashed by a big fish this morning, god knows what size but it snapped 8lb line like cotton,

chippy you are the man we are hoping to get us on to a golden when we come down as we are desperate to get one each as we have no chance here, no pressure :D:D:D but it would be nice!

hope that all is well with you all and tight lines

cheers

paul..

LeicesterCarl:

OK, so they weren't huge fish, but all the same...

I've written a report with a few pix on the Diary .. well the Jersey Diary and you can see Carl with his Goldie.....

web.ukonline.co.uk/aquarium/diary/j...29thjuly03.html

(Elton - there is a link on the page to AN about halfway down re- how Carl and I met --- if posting the URL above causes a problem then remove -- I'll understand)

Now to crumb some bread and go after the bigger fish this afternoon ......

Phil

Congratulations mate.

I remember my first (and so far only thick-lipped :( ) It was 'just' 3lb 10oz, but it felt as if I had got caught up on the back actor of a JCB!

[ 31. July 2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: corydoras ]

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Yep, no worries Paul (manxy)I know a spot or two

.....when are you over?

The fish-in wasn't too successful tonight. Strong winds forced us to fish a not so hot venue. Total tally was 1 Sand Smelt to Carl, and I lost a smallish mullet - a bit too eager to get it to the net I think. Nice to see Phil & Chris again though....watch this space, we're out in force at the weekend with much more settled weather forecast and great tides.

While I couldnt go to the fish in due to family commitments, have been watching bass follow my lures, and then look at me and swim off!

May be able to catch up soon

B.A.S.S. member