Soon be time for roach

Anderoo

The upper Dorset Stour is occasionally becoming fishable for a few hours before more rain hits it. On Tuesday it was OK at 18" up with roach fisher's green/brown, a special colour that says they'll feed, and I had roach to a pound on the tip and flake before a band of heavy rain brought it up 5ft again. Dropped again today but rain has set in and it will be out of sorts again. Previous time on the Stour was the 11th! I can think of one area on the Thames good for roach with current levels.

post-16901-0-56496400-1390561556_thumb.jpg

post-16901-0-86293900-1390561606_thumb.jpg

Opportunist fishing - the best there is!

Having posted I looked again at the river level and the weather in detail. All afternoon was predicted as drizzle and the river had dropped back 5ft so I went again, same conditions as Tuesday, not as good but 6 plump roach to 8oz and some fresh air. Didn't even get wet but rain has set in tonight.

Had a quick couple of hours at the stream this morning, it's dropped at least a foot and turned a funny colour. I was trotting again and managed to scratch out one good roach and a few chub, but it didn't feel quite right, I'd have probably been better off on the tip today.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I managed one today on maggots around 7oz missed another bite but it wasn`t easy ,moved from main Thames to a feeder stream in the hope of fish as it was flowing much slower than the river but nothing.

River has dropped a lot and a green tinge of colour replacing the brown murk and in fact decent visibility down to 18" after a scientific dunk the landing net handle into the water until you can`t see it anymore test .

Couldn`t help thinking I had missed the boat and the fish were back in the main river at spots instead of the slacks and feeder streams I tried ,Roach came from a big crease on the edge of slack water .

Rusty went out on a dedicated Roach hunt on the kennet not sure how he did?!

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• 2 weeks later...