Will anybody Catch BIGGER this weekend , I will say NO !

cannibalspinners

Not coarse fishing but ,I had to bring this to your attention

caught on tuesday afternoon on my Local river ( TWEED )

Bolesidefish.jpgBoleside50lbs.jpg

Salmon angler Shamus Jennings has rocked the world of fly fishing by landing the biggest salmon of 2013.

The huge fish caught at Boleside Beat on the River Tweed in the Scottish Borders, measured 50in long with a 33in girth which Dr Campbell, biologist from the Tweed Foundation, using the prescribed formula to calculate the fish's weight, says puts the fish at 50lb.

Shamus who is a part-owner of the beat with his brother Francis, couldn't believe his eyes when he eventually brought the massive fish to the net: "It's taken me almost 40 years to catch a 25 pounder, (which he caught the day before on the same beat) but this is simply incredible," said Shamus who has fished for salmon all over the world.

Fishing from the boat, Shamus hooked the fish in Glenmayne pool using a Boleside shrimp that head boatman Nigel Fell had previously created weeks earlier in the form of a tube fly with a local fly dresser. After 35 minutes the fish was eventually brought to the boat, when Shamus said: "This was the first we saw of the fish and we were shocked at the size of its head. "It took us four attempts to get it in to the net which was pretty tough on the nerves!" added Shamus. The fight lasted almost 45 minutes in total before it was eventually measured, photographed and returned safely to the river.

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

Big fish and not fresh run either bet it was a good 5lb heavier (if not more) when fresh

Yep it's a cracker, but colours not always a good indication of how long a salmon has been in fresh water. This late in the season they may be coloured straight off the tide. Just means the fish is ripe for spawning.

• Like 1

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Crackin' fish by any standards! Any news of what happened next?

Not sure but that same beat had a good week so far 30 lb salmon on monday ,50 lb tuesday , 25 lb wednesday

However at £ 410 per day Not cheap

Boleside beat is hooking about 30 fish per day just now ,With half that number landed

150_brown_trout1.jpg RECORD RIVER CAUGHT BROWN TROUT 7LB 5OZ

http://www.spinningluresuk.com

Crackin' fish by any standards! Any news of what happened next?

c&r?

do they take then from that beat? thought no as did not weigh it

very good fish

Azree

Let us see rather that like Janus—or better, like Yama, the Brahmin god of death—religion has two faces, one very friendly, one very gloomy...” Arthur Schopenhaur

Unlikely anyone will catch a bigger salmon in my neck of the woods as the season finished a month ago; that said local salmon records are all around 47-49lbs but came out many decades ago.

What a stonker! :thumbs:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!