My Mobile Phone

Elton

Yesterday, I received an abusive text message threatening to kill me on my mobile phone, sent via cbfsms.com

If this was someone on here who has my number doing it for a 'laugh', please contact me immediately.

I have been in contact with the website concerned, who are UK based and co-operative, and am making a formal complaint to the police today. These things are quite easily traced.

Cheers,

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

quote:

Originally posted by Elton:

I have been in contact with the website concerned, who are UK based and co-operative, and am making a formal complaint to the police today. These things are quite easily traced.

Elton

Elton,

I have sent you a PM (no, not a Prime Minister :D !)

DG :cool:

I had something simular a couple of weeks back not as nasty as that but got me in some trouble all the same.

Somebody sent a text to any old number (ended up mine) saying that it was female and that she fancied me and was glad that she met me the other weekend. of course my missus found it first and was not all to pleased. thinking i had been cheating on her. But after a few texts back they owned up thankfully. Thing here try not to take it to heart as it is probably someone unknown turb messing about. Don't get me wrong i think you are right to take action and be on the safe side and phone the police. What did the website have to say about the matter?

Spent a while explaining how a person could send a text message from a website.

Then spent a while explaining how the police can trace such behaviour.

Oh well, at least I'll get a crime number :rolleyes:

The site in question has agreed to hand over their logs to the ISP of the offending party and the police. We'll see.

I'm curious, more than anything. It wouldn't be hard for somebody to trace my address if they really wanted to hurt me, so I'm not going to worry too about an anonymous threat. I have friends in low places if things ever get out of hand

Elton

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

My girlfriend recieved a few dodgy calls on her mobile a few months back, the odd thing was it came up the number thatr called her was 141........ seems he was trying to hide his number cant understand why that came up, I reported it to the police (no use) and BT (no use) the number was for a city 200 miles away so to far to go and find him (we had, still have no idea who it was) there was only one thing left to do in my opinion.

I phoned him back, several times for a month but only when I was on nights and only after 3.00 in the morning.

Scott.