XP Problem

Howard 13

When I bought my PC 3 years ago I had Millenium installed on it but had nothing but trouble. Last year I took it to a small shop for them to do some work and they installed XP Home on it.

Now I've just got BB and have installed all the updates but it's saying I've got 28 days left to activate Windows but I haven't got the 25 digit code.

I tried ringing the shop but couldn't get through, so went to visit them yesterday only to find that they're no longer there. :(

I've tried using system restore to take it back to before I downloaded everything but I just keep getting loads of different error messages.

I've got 26 days left before I can no longer use it. :(

Any ideas anyone? PM me if you like.

All the best,

HB.

I don't suppose by any chance the shop gave you the XP installation disc did it?

What's BB? Did this count down only begin after you did the downloads you mention?

If you go into the "register" slot I think that there is a phone no: that you can ring to get an access key. Probably high charge phonecall tho' !

The Older I get .. The better I was.

MrWiggly:

If you go into the "register" slot I think that there is a phone no: that you can ring to get an access key.    Probably high charge phonecall tho' !

Where's the registry slot? - and yes, the countdown only started after I installed all the updates. As I said if I use system restore to take me back to before I installeed everything, I get loads of different error messages and nothing works properly. :(

HB.

As I understand it you only have to actually register that you have downloaded the updates?! The copy of windows will have had to be registered in the first place and how can a copy of it have been registered too many times? Pound gets you a penny the copy is an OEM one anyway!!

I know my daughter had thsi when I re-installed a laptop for her mate. She rang up and no bother at all!!

Chris

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))