Basic help needed

I need some basic (well probably to you guys anyway) help.

I noticed on one of the other threads that Newt had mentioned that Incredimail can & does put spyware onto your computer.

Well I've been removing increasing numbers of spyware lately & was wanting to put my emails back through Outlook Express instead of Incredimail.

How do I do this & how do I transfer all my emails, passwords etc from one to the other?

I have had a go & failed miserably!

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

In the version of Incredimail that I have (free one) Click "File" on the top menu bar, then click on "Export/Contacts" a save dialogue box will open name your file and save it to a location on your computer where you can find it easily (Desktop). It will save as a csv file (which you can open in microsoft excell to view it if you wish).

In outlook express click "File", "Import Other Address book", then click on the "Text File (Comma Seperated Values)" at the bottom of the page, then click "Import" a new dialogue box opens browse for you file on your desktop click "next" and then choose which of the list options you want to install then click "finish"...and your done

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Cheers for your help Steve, but I can only export the address book using that method which I've managed to do.

How do I get the rest of the info across to O/E?

Also, how do I get O/E to receive my incoming emails once more?

It's a flaming good job my life doesn't depend on my computer skills!!!!

Peter.

When you remove IncrediMail and tell IE to be your default browser again, I think you'll be OK.

http://www.the-it-mercenary.com/forums/Win...posts/1644.html

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Hi all

quote:

and tell IE to be your default browser again, I think you'll be ok

peter

what IE version were you/are you gonna use? as IE6 i have nothing but probs with but thats just grangers luck probably :D

stick with IE5 for good stability but ***** security im gonna install IE6 again soon as i cannot remember how/where repair option is within IE as i keep getting IE errors which shut my pages down.

im just glad it only happens once a night depending how long im online

good luck

billy

Good 'ole A/N comes through again :)

Thanks for the help guys, it so far appears I may have succeeded, O/E is up & running & I've just received an email :D

As my old feller used to say, all victories count no matter how small!

Peter.

Incredimail is an excellent way of making your messages unreadable and branding you as an absolute wally. If I have a load of messages to sort through, the Incredimail ones are usually the ones that go straight into the deleted folder.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.