Business Cards software

Most major word processors have templates folks have made up for this and that and some of the other.

I know MS Word has business card templates available. Not sure right off hand about the others.

If you want them printed on typical thick 'business card' stock, do you have a printer that will deal with the paper?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Newt:

If you want them printed on typical thick 'business card' stock, do you have a printer that will deal with the paper?

Hi Newt,

My old machine came bundled with Sierra Print Artist (W95)and I used to reproduce them on heavy card paper, not quite as thick as most business cards, but it did the job.

I got an error trying to reload the software onto my new (XP) machine, and now I've run out of 'cards'

I didn't find Business Cards on Word, but if they are there, I'll have another look for them.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

The templates are there on Word but I'm not sure they are titled as such. However I've recently bought some business card sheets from a firm called Decadry. I think I got them through a firm on the 'net'. However if you go to www.decadry.com you'll find they have a free download of software which is in fact Word based. You wouldn't have to use it with the Decadry sheets but could use blank card and cut it up.

However if you want to look super pro I can recommend the cards.

[ 03. May 2004, 06:27 AM: Message edited by: Peggy Burke ]

Classic Fishing Books www.classicfishingbooks.co.uk 100s of fishing books for sale/wanted + reviews

Wingham Fisheries www.anglersnet.co.uk/fisheries/wingham.htm Gravel pit syndicates in Kent. 2008 Forum Fish-In Sat May 17 to Mon May 19. For what happened in 2007 see http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=75031

Paperweights Plus www.paperweightsplus.com Off the shelf and customised paperweights

My computer was fitted with a Microsoft "package" which includes Mirosoft publisher which has templates for business cards, envelope addressing etc.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Hmmm! What I found in word is basically just formatted text.

The software I was previously using had much more in the way of design flexibilty, so that you could position text with different fonts, colours etc at different positions, interspersed with graphics and pictures, borders, backgrounds etc

I'd buy the Sierra software for XP, but apparently it's no longer available :(

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Peggy's site looked very interesting and with free downloads.

I print business cards on quite a regular basis for friends and always use Ms Publisher, simple to use,thousands of options. Very good indeed.

Charles

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Leon, Try www.vistaprint.com They not only print your cards for you Professionaly (They stick an ad on the back, or pay a small sum to not have it)You have the choice of LOADS of formats or choose Plain or EVEN your own!! All you pay for is delivery, but believe me I have used them for years and they are WELL worth the money. they do tend to pester you with offers a bit, but what's hard about deleting a couple of emails now and again?!?

Chris

PS I think Page Plus 6 is now available free that will do business cards!! Try serif.com

[ 03. May 2004, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Chris Goddard ]

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Leon, I have a business card disc, called Business Cards Professional,it has 3000 designs, if you want it,mail me your addy.I've done with it now. :)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/