Sasser

On the radio today, a young guy of about 21 was arrested in Germany who admitted created the sasser virus, seemingly he lived with his mum....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

....who, no doubt, had to snap his bedsheets each week in order to get them in the washing machine :mad:

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

18 I think.

The maximum penalty in Germany for this sort of thing is only 5 years in prison. Not even nearly enough.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

N1959

Go to the Microsoft update site which hopefully you are already doing (XP needs it's updates to run properly and faster)and on the opening page there is details of how to get rid of it. The syptoms are rather like Peter's up above.

The worse case scenario is a format and reload

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.

Thankyou Tinca

I have been to the microsoft update page and went to update everything but its done it itself, when i first got this computer i had to get about 18 updates from there and i was told to click the automatic update button which i did.

This computer lark isnt as hard as i thought it was.

Excellent. I have both M/Soft and Norton on automatic updating. As I tend to leave my PC on all the time I have set it update in the early hours of the morning.

Two or three times I look to see if it has done it ok alway shows up to date.

Computers are inherently very stupid machines they only know what you put into them or GIGO

(garbage in garbage out). I was quite worried when I got my first PC in case I broke it but then I found out that the only way to actually break a PC is to hit it with a hammer every thing else can be fixed.

Mine has to be formatted and reloaded very often by comparison to other people because I not afraid of it any more and experiment. The process is quite simple affair because everything is always backed up regularly to Cd and floppies (including email addresses and important messages)

Learnt about backing up the hard way.

In a way it's a sort of hobby.

It takes longer for the river to get to the sea than it does for a man to make an error.