mouse probs

chesters1

i keep getting strange recurrent problems with my mouse .i have 2 a ball type and an opticle one ,all is fine for a few days and slowly the mouse starts to drag i.e. its a bit slow on moving it ,another couple of days and it gets worse stopping for a split second after being moved or suddenly moving itself ,another day or so and it stops altogether :confused: plugging in the other mouse and all is ok ...but it starts again until it stops and i reuse the first mouse :confused: .

ive switched OFF fast initialation in the setting and tried other settings in the advanced section of the mouse tab to no avail.

they both are set up as PS2 mice using the basic driver in XP ,using their own drivers results in multiple windows opening(30 or 40)for no reason and other random acts :mad:

i had thought of dirty connections but cleaning with a propietry contact cleaner and glassfibre brush has no effect

[ 10. June 2004, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: chesters1 ]

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

quote:

Sounds like crap mouse software to me ... or something slowing your CPU down.

no software besides XP`s own and processor 2-4%

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hi Chesters.

I have two connected at the sametime a Logitech

marble for me connected to a 4-port hub {powered}

and a optical for the missus to the Ps port.Both

are at the same settings and the puter recognises

witch one you are setting and using, I run XP pro

and have had know problems with them. I use mine ,

the wife uses hers. { when she can get on}

Chesters, I use a ball mouse (the one you operate with your thumb on the ball)

If this is the type you mean then push the ball out from underneath and pick off the bits of fluff sticking to the little metal pins(?).

I have to do this regularly.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

quote:

If this is the type you mean then push the ball out from underneath and pick off the bits of fluff sticking to the little metal pins(?).

it gets regular defluffing DEN ,opticle one though has no moving parts and led clean ,seems it is only me