Death of Freeserve

Pangolin

Is anyone else a Freeserve member and encountering deteriorating levels of service? What is the best option: something tells me not to be bullied into signing up for Wanadoo... If I switch to another ISP, what sort of problems can I expect, such as having a new e-mail address and having to re-register for loads of things?

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Guest Ferret1959

I was with Freeserve and automatically am now with Wannadoo.

They are a waste of time, can't even take money out of my account without me helping them to sort it.

Guess what??????

I'm not helping them.

They did all the transfer stuff when they change compamy name so bugger to them.

I don#t really mind if they cut me off.

Well, I thought I could get away with doing nothing, just carrying on as usual, but now I get cut off every few minutes, my e-mails take ages to download, I keep getting messages that 'my server has unexpectedly terminated the connnection', or 'my password has not been recognised by pop freeserve'.... it's driving me mad!

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Pango, are you on BB? if so switch to Tiscali.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I haven't noticed any difference either. I have a free program called CiDial 2.3 that immediately re-connects me if I am cut off.

I think I got it off a cover disk, but it's here if you want it:

http://www.aldensoft.com/cidial/download.html

[ 23. July 2004, 07:49 PM: Message edited by: Peter Sharpe ]

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I have Freeserve/Wanabee and haven,t noticed any effect of the nae change.

They have even kept my "fslife.co.uk" email address.

Den, my Nephew has Tiscali and has had major problems with them lasting the last 6 months.

"One mans meat etc......."

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

I've had no problem with the take over,

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Cranfield, what problems has your nephew had?

Serious question.

I have been with Tiscali for quite a while now (I move due to the BT fiasco on limiting my 24/7)

and I have only had one problem, this was after a lightning strike knocked out my BB modem.

I tried to "con" them into replacing it, and they quite rightly refused :D

When I needed the help line early on, they were very helpful, and one guy spent a lot of time trying to trace my old password to my old Gateway website.

So, speak as I find, I can and do thoroughly recommend them,

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic