Disobedient mouse ?

Cranfield

Can you do a system restore mate?

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

I have checked out the mouse completely and its OK.

I have also used another mouse and the problem remains.

System restore, turned off all security devices, downloaded Mozilla (in case IE was dodgy), these are things I have tried today.

When I try to log on to gmail, the only thing running on my computer is that application.

Interestingly, I have opened another gmail account and can access that fine.

Of course all my email history and new emails are stuck on my old address.

I appreciate the help.

[ 15. December 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Cranfield ]

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

can you log onto your gmail account without using the program itself (use your web browser)?

If so look at your email online, you may have a large or infected file that you can delete before downloading the rest of it with gmail.

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

THings are getting worse.

I can't log in to my old gmail account from any direction on my PC (I may try later today from a friends).

My HP Photsmart editing programme won't open and doesn't "respond".

Some months ago I downloaded a FreeRAM programme, when I booted up this morning that was missing completely.

Its not even in my list of programmes.

It is still in my "downloaded programmes file".

I've cleaned everything, 3 different spyware checks, Norton and McFee virus scans, all seems OK.

Apart from copying everything to CD and waiting for the crash, is there anything else I should try ?

Follow Newts advice on 'hijack this' to have a look at what is running on your PC - sounds like some program is hogging all your resources - may not actualy be a virus - just acts like it!

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/ubb/ultimatebb...c;f=19;t=000517

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Tog, I have run "Hijack this" and there is nothing unusual running.

Your suggestions are appreciated.

I have got the FreeRAM programme back, it just reappeared on a boot up.

Despite reloading HP Photosmart, it still won't "respond".

I can access my old gmail account from my Niece's PC, but not from mine.

I am going to download on to CD's anything I don't want to lose and see what happens next.

Have a look for conflicts in your Device manager (under system in control panel) may be a clue there as to whats going on.

Thanks Tog, I had a quick look in there , but its now getting beyond my confidence/competence. :confused:

I also found this, whilst looking about for answers. http://www.google.com/gmail/help/bugslist.html

My problem seems to be well described under "Login Issues".

Perhaps its not my computer after all and the HPPhotosmart issue is a coincidence.

But I can't understand why that won't open, after I reloaded the CD.

[ 17. December 2004, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Cranfield ]

Cranfield:

Perhaps its not my computer after all and the HPPhotosmart issue is a coincidence.

But I can't understand why that won't open, after I reloaded the CD.

I did have a simialar problem cranfield not long ago. But with the HP all in one.

Try this Right click if you can On your HPPhotosmart Printer - go into properties - compatibility - into compatibility mode - into the nearest Operation system eg Windows 95 or 98 or XP. that should sort out the printer.

Well as for the Mouse - kill it and buy a new one as I did in the end :) Never had any more problems after that

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/