Tope- Success at last.

nifty

Nifty, you've got 2 takers, Artfulfisher and myself will be joining you in a couple of weeks as in Simon's post.

Don't scare them off. :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuart,

that weekend we talked about 25th 26th June - there is whole gaggle of southerners coming up!

You'll have to get the brownie points built up!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Cheers guys,

Spanner, no i didn't have any burley as such but something i forgot to mention was I tried an old trick that Clive Gammon used to use when he shore fished for tope in the 60's & 70's,

and that was i dropped a bottle of cod liver oil over the side with cotton plugged in the top. I know it sounds environmentally unfriendly chucking glass bottles in but i should imagine it will be in a million pieces before it has a chance to reach the shore.

I'd already caught the first fish before i did this as i was waiting for the tide to start pulling but as soon as i'd dealt with him i dropped it over. Who can say what effect it had but it leaves a nice looking slick.

Yakity, you can probably tell by the quality of the pictures that it's more luck than judgment whether you actually get anything in shot.

Stuart.

nifty - I think you are right about the bottle being in pieces and probably the pieces being smoothed by rubbing on the bottom. Lots better than plastic.

All - would you please resize your photos to not larger than 640x480 before you post them. As you can see, easier to deal with on screen and still look fine. If there are some where you really want the larger version, just include a [url= style link to it.

an-tope1.jpg

an-tope2.jpg

an-tope3.jpg

an-tope4.jpg

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President