tope from the rocks in cornwall

sam-cox

does any one know if there are any marks in cornwall where its possable to catch tope?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

thought of maybe trevous point.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

or pentier point. ive heard of people getting broken up by blues at these places over the years.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

I guess there may be the rare chance of one from one of the headlands bordering a beach. AFAIK North Devon is a much better bet, Woody Bay or Baggy point are the 2 marks that spring to mind. If you're that keen then I believe the Isle of Man is worth a go, as is Alderney in the autumn when the squid & cuttlefish move in.

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

aint that keen, we get a fair fishery hear from the boats, just fancied a bash from the shore, will stick to a days wrassing i think.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Yeah, I think tope from the shore need a lot of hours effort and local knowledge. Plus the ability to cast half a dab quite a way (although they were hooking lots in Alderney on small squid baits intended for Black bream.) There were a lot of burnt thumbs and buying of line in bulk that fortnight!

Like Fresh coffee? www.Bean14.com

All good anglers put in lots of efort and time into their angling, its taken me half my life to establish a hand full of bass marks that fish at different states of tide and season in my area from the shore, (although this , the thornie cfishing has been verry good) and the other half lurning marks from my farthers charter boat and dingies, thats why i was asking in the vain hope that someone on hear may be a cornish shore tope fanatic.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

According to the local paper Baggy point has been fishing very well for tope of late. Dillydangler told me about the report so may be worth having a chat with him.

can you catch mackeral there? i was thinking of trotting live mackeral with the tide under a balloon.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.