Scotty Rod holders

Martin Hurst

Starvin, I wouldn't dream of bringing up soap in your toes again, but 5 rods in your ring - isn't that going a bit far?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

A newcomer here. Have viewed the forum for some time and there's plenty of interesting info flying about.

You inspired me so much that a couple of months ago I went out and bought a Prowler 13.

Have been out only a few times but haven't blanked yet.

Re the Scotty Rod holders, I got mine from Glasgow Angling at the end of August (even after I had seen comments on the forum that they didn't have any).

I have checked again with them and they confirm that they still have 2 left so you mite want to contact them.

Be specific about what you want. If you don't have any luck I can post exactly what I asked for, here.

Ped

Welcome aboard Ped,

thanks for the advice re Glasgow Angling...but more importantly glad you haven't Blanked! :D

Where are you located in the UK?

Tightlines, Art :)

PS...5 rods!!!...hell, I get in a mess with more than two!!! :D

Welcome on board Ped, glad you could make it. :)

5 rods is nothing, got a picture somewhere of a chap with 16 on a tractor tyre, I'll see if I can find it.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Currently only launching from one location in East Sussex, but will move further afield as confidence increases.

First fish.... a Garfish on a Bass Bullet....ever tried getting hold of a fish that flies!!!!!...whilst it's got a treble in it's mouth. I never counted on that,was only looking to catch a few Mackerel.

Have only lure fished up till now (trolling as well) but the schoolies seem to like the method.

Have my Yak set up with an Anchor system so have every intention of fishing at anchor, with bait very soon, but need to get the right winter weather kit first.

Though I can lay out 3 rods with the scotty rod holders I'm still only a 1 rod man at the moment.

Ped

Hi Ped welcome.

I doubt any of us fish 3 or 2 rods all the time. I find it comes down to the situation in hand. If the fish are on the feed it can be a struggle baiting 2 rods let alone working 3 :)

I had my first garfish from the yak too this year. Didn't realise till afterwards that like mackeral once handled they die when released. Wished I'd kept the fella now for eating or for bait.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow