Scotty Rod holders

Martin Hurst

I need to come up with a setup that will give me two rod holders and a GPS mount in one. I need it to be able to move it though to cater for when I am paddling solo or tandem.

I'm presuming a tripple m0ount would be perfect for this, two rods on the outside with the GPS/Fishfinder in the centre.

Will Scotty products cover all of this?

Any better ideas?

If Scotty will dcover my needs, when will the 'news' on the new supplier be broken?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hi all out there, don,t know if I am going mad but 30 pounds for a rod holder, come off it. Have a look at the following,

veals mail order

they hold boat rod holders for under 10 pounds with fittings to suit a kayak, after all like most things its only the name and the price tag that are different. take a look in total sea fishing etc and there are lots of places selling rod holders, why buy 30 pounds???? terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Hi Terry

I share similar thoughts on this but usually end up biting the bullet and paying out for gear like this anyway. Just about all of our gear is imported in for UK kayak fishing - once tax and shipping is bundled on things start to get way over priced!

I've seen the rod holders you have mentioned. I have a Scotty holder but I still don't know if I will fit it. I don't like the way you have to pull the mount up a bit in order to change the direction of the rod at a preset position.

[ 11. October 2005, 12:21 PM: Message edited by: SpeciMan ]

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

I have imported loads of things from the US, I have a love of classic motor bikes and yes the bill adds up, but I am sorry 30 pounds for a plastic tude is just going to far, and maybe its yet another case of RIP off prices, anyway its up to each of us to buy or not, but for me its just silly.terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

Don't laugh, please these rod holders, I've had a look at them, how does one get the rod out quickly it seems from the pictures it is held in the front with a clip so you would have to undo this and then lift the rod forward to get it out of the back rest/holder yes no or what

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

Tis true, each rod holder has a locking device, very useful if you roll the yak, don't laugh seen it done, as for getting it out quickly... well really :D

Have to admit that I use mine for transporting the rods to the mark when I'm carrying more than 2 rigged rods, on the tournament I was carrying 4, if there had been no wind, I would have also carried the fly rod.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Marvin5rods ..has a nice ring to it :)

Simon please don't make a slipped soap comment.

[ 11. October 2005, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: musket ]

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"