Say hi to Ray

Starvinmarvin

Darnsarf, your going to have to come out with me at this mark, sure it's got some hidden treasures going by the number of charter boats out there.

Cheers Nifty, I was chuffed to bits, see your famous again in this months BFM, my anchor even gets a mention.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skill my friend it's all down to skill. :P oh and a bucket full of luck. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Soon Starvin soon. My birthday is next week and i hope and drink that my kayak fund will be ready and waiting. All bits crossed.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hey Darnsarf, you had that birthday yet, cos I'm wanting to get back and play with Ray, Sunday morning if you're up for it, if your still in need of a yak, the Caper is free.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Sorry but Darnsarf as blagged it, weather permitted, poor fellow has got to wait until Monday to order his Prowler... wife permitting. :D

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Darnsarf and I met to go find Rays Mum this morning. Sadly the launch site had heavy surf and their was a small fishing boat crashing through the waves just over the mark, the wreck we wanted to fish was also right above the increasing swell. :(

A few miles later and a change of bait we were paddling out at Hayling Island, we had arrived a little earlier in the tidal range that I would normally aim for and the wind was building, with a number of Windsurfers preparing to go out.

We decided to fish an area of long sea grass I'd never fished before, I dropped anchor in about 2ft of water, Darnsarf paddled on a little further and prepared to drop anchor, it's a little different on the AnglersAfloat Caper as I have rigged the Scotty Anchor System. Darnsarf hadn't quite prepared it before launching so had to set the angle, lent back a little to far and was practising his self rescue, did a good job too. Sadly I was a little slow with the camera. :D

Having cast out the first rod with some of the squid... we had loads of the stuff. I prepared my second rod with one huge Rag, the ones they sell at Hayling are huge and nasty with it... I really hate using Rag, but have to all the time at Hayling... I dropped this bait straight down below the yak, all 2ft of it.

Instantly the bait was taken and line screaming from the spool. A short but very satifying fight later, I landed my PB Bass of 4lb 6oz. Quick photo and back it went.

A couple of small schoolies each and about 20 crabs later we decided it was time to try and paddle back, heading into what was probably just scraping a force 5, hard going or what.

I'll be going back and getting their a little earlier next time, high tide was too late. Hopefully Darnsarf will join me with his Prowler or is it a Scupper, only he can decide.

Happy Birthday tomorrow Paul, fingers crossed.

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X