Top Posters In This Topic

Prop Forward, Winger, is this more of your shower talk Mr Everett :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Nice pics and write up Simon!!! and well done on some great fishing boys.

JRT fly fishing is very comfy from the yak. Distance will be down to your own ability and technique and is not unduely restricted by your low position in the water...but remember you are afloat...distance is not an issue, I stalk mullet to within 5 feet unoticed...frankly too close to cast! :D

Give it a go...you'll wonder why you'd never tried it before! :)

Tightlines, Art :)

The main thing putting me off getting a yak at the moment is finding launch spots near the places I want to fish. These are normally a long hike overland from the car.

I fish mainly at first light so getting on to that water in the dark and paddling into position for day break, would this be an issue to?

Does anyone know when the new Scuppper Pro will be available in the UK?

JRT

You need to get a bit of daylight experience under your belt before attempting it at night, not sure I would want to paddle alone at night, you would need to have a fixed light onboard, like those produced by Scotty. A head torch would also be sensible, plus all the normal safety gear, flares, radio, PFD etc.

Get yourself some wheels and the kayak is quite an easy load, the going gets tough on soft sand and shingle though. The trolley can be fixed in the back or inside the hull when out paddling.

Scupper pro is available now, Barramundi has bought one :)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X

Hi JRT,

I still haven't fished the spot I had in mind when I got my yak.What I've ended up doing is researching all the launch sites available(and with a reliable trolley there are many more than I first thought)and looking for "fishy" spots from those sites.The kayak is great for the areas that seem to get neglected by guys with boats, who try to head out to deeper water whenever possible.

I know my catch rate compared to when I was shore fishing has soared(maybe I was a poor shore fisherman)It is very rare to blank.

As regards leaving to fish in the morning darkness,that also is my favourite time.I always make sure someone knows exactly where my vehicle is parked and where I'll be fishing.I also recently bought a decent headtorch(the cheapies from e-bay just weren't reliable enough)and have an auxilliary plus spare batteries.All the normal safety issues become even more important if you fish in the dark.

Go on take the plunge,I promise you'll never look back :)

cheers Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi, the pic,s look great, just wish i had been there. fishing as it should be. may i ask what reel you used, and line. thanks terry

If only I had all the money for all the toys I want,;-(

Got most of them now, Just working on that Harley in blue ;-)

That's the bunny, you may need to have a fitting, as it is a bit smaller than the Prowler 13 in the seating area, are you a Captain's Organ or a Barramundi :D

The Scupper is cheaper for some reason

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Malibu Mini-X