diving plugs

doshkadog

I agree with Mr Everett, attching the lure to the main line with a Rapala knot and not a clip or snap swivel, some guys I used to lure fish with reconed they got more takes on lures tied with a loop knot rather than a swivel. But as with most things its down to personel preference.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a purist lure fisherman and an ex comercial rod and line fisherman I can tell you that you will get more takes when using a rapala knot or similar loop knot like the half spider.

If you want to incorporate a swivel then tie it to your main line and then tie on a length of good leader like amnesia or a flourocarbon then tie your lure to that. I tie all my lures up to a leader ready to go onto my main line, this saves me time.

1 on the lure is worth 2 from the bait.

Location Pembrokeshire

Kayak's

OK Prowler Trident Yellow

Kaskazi Pelican Orange on White ( CEZI B ) from www.kayakuk.com

Wilderness Tarpon 120 Yellow

Dughters Kayak OK Venus Blue & White (Kristi Boo)

Cobra Fish & Dive Blue

Tamar For Angle R.N.L.I

not a bad idea! think ill give that a go! just tie my lures up to 3 or so ft of flurocarbon and hook it up to the snap that way!

You wouldn't need the snap - an plain swivel would be fine then - just tie direct to the bottom loop of the swivel.

I use clips on my boat rods - but the Snowbee has such fine rings that even the sallest swivel doesn't go through the end ring - so I have to tie it on each time. Not a bad practise really, leaving them tied on the end is easy, but lazy - the line does wear and rot inside the knot, so they should be retied at regular intervals.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

i was wondering about the rappala knot! wouldnt a decent blood loop do the job?

might just stck to a tiny snap swivel!

I don't think you can go to far wrong with a Palomar knot as an all rounder. Test very close to 100 %, easy to tie, especially in the dark ,excellent with brade ,however it does use more line to tie and not good on lines over 12lb,Jansik special or Trilene knot comes a close second. Personal taste I guess.

just as a thought slightly off the subject!

anyone yous the knotless knot (carp fishers favorite for hair rigs) to make pennel rigs?

havnt tried it just seems to make sence!

What a brilliant website Specimen - well done for finding that one! I don't know how you find all these things!

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo