Paragliding

Scotty T

Hi all,

Have just returned from fantastic weeks holiday in Turkey, whilst there I did a tandem paraglide from a 4000ft mountain, it was one of the most awesom things i've ever done, has anyone else tried pargliding? If you ever get the oppotunity you should give it a go, i'll post some pics once i've got them off my camera.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Hi all

sounds like a great holiday,id love to give it ago.

the nearest i have got from falling through the air is the drop ride at hailing island which is GREAT!!!!my new fav ride

done normal surfing,not the windsurf style for wimps:)

i actually like being bashed into the seabed and spun:)

id like to try jumping from a plane or have fun in a glider or microlight

id love to fly but wouldnt want a headgasket to go up there,:)doh

sg

That sounds awsome! I dunno if its something that I would do tho, I'm bad enough at walking onto a plane never mind paragliding!

Look forward to the pics! :D

Edited by Emz

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

Guest Ferret1959

I have flown a microlite airplane and been up a glider a couple of times and yes fantastic time.

Been in a hot air balloon too, now that was the best.

when the burners were off the silence was deafening, you could hear kids playing in the streets and dogs barking so clearly even from such a great height.

688944.jpg

Edited by Ferret1959

Exited a perfectly serviceable aircraft in flight some 25 times.

Used to throw myself off hills under a Hang glider until I got all sensible - (a chum was killed, another badly injured & myself I had 'multiple internal injuries' and a smashed wrist all in only two years of 'flying').

Found microlighting a great thrill but pricy - 'proper' gliding same.

Must admit to being well tempted by the paragliders I see - got proper brakes and you've already got your parachute out!

But as I get older and my 'war wounds' remind me of my previous encounters with 'terror firmer' (much terror and very hard!) I think I may pass......

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

Ah, Olu Deniz if I'm not mistaken.

I have a mate that flies it two or three times a year.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Oh wow, amazing photos :) It must have been quite an experience...

Dave, was that photo taken from a plane? I've got a few like that when I was landing in Cornwall, tho the weather wasn't as nice as it appears in your snap :(

^^^

Cornwall? I mean Exeter! :D

- Emz

Find out who you live by - www.frappr.com/anfriendsmap

Check out Crystal's New Website! :)

Don't forget to sign her guestbook :D

They all say that.

Your card doesn't confirm where you are in the world. If you're in the West Midlands, The South West or Wales and want details of clubs, training courses, flying sites oe where to buy a wing, drop me a line and I'll put you in touch with my mate Dave.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.