M.P

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Surely the exception that proves Wurzels point. To quote from that article;

This is the first time that direct action has been taken against French pair trawlers, who form the majority of the pair trawl fleet fishing for sea bass in the Channel.

While they harassed one small scots pair team for weeks ( even though that pair were taking part in a project to reduce dolphin bycatch) and as far as i know they did not find that team catching any dolphins whatsoever, but they still subjected them to dangerous and stupid protests, and IMHO with their endless self promoting press releases, tried to turn those guys ( doing their perfectly legal job)into scapegoats for all the problems of the marine environment.

Its great living in the Uk sometimes :angry: . Whats the difference between a Paedophile and a Paediatrician again? :angry: Nay difference at all to the mob :(

Edited by Jaffa

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

From what I understood, they hasseled the Scots relentlessly, throwing wire hauzers and rubbish in the nets generally being a pain in the arse.

Those two bods swimming in front of the French trawlers were a bit tame in comparison, I think green peace tread very lightly when it comes to dealing with the French.

Any way Green peace aren't fighting for bass. If it weren't for a few dolphin deaths they would not be there.

I fish to live and live to fish.

From what I understood, they hasseled the Scots relentlessly, throwing wire hauzers and rubbish in the nets generally being a pain in the arse.

Those two bods swimming in front of the French trawlers were a bit tame in comparison, I think green peace tread very lightly when it comes to dealing with the French.

Any way Green peace aren't fighting for bass. If it weren't for a few dolphin deaths they would not be there.

:D I believe the French sink Greenpeace boats and kill people if they get in their way. :rolleyes:

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 15 2005, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D I believe the French sink Greenpeace boats and kill people if they get in their way. :rolleyes:

Norm, you always begin and end your comments with the same smilies which sometimes makes it dificult to make out what you really mean IME.

What are you saying here?

I was as "horrified" as anyone when the French did that (even bought the book.. :( ) . You reckon our more "active" foreign policy is much different?

They have bombed, we "render", guess its for each of us to sort out where we stand on all these things. I doubt that historically we would stand up to much scrutiny for our actions in Borneo/Malaya.

All these nameless people currently being flown about the globe from one lawless and invisible spot, to another

"to make us safe".

Thank god were not French.............. :blink:

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

With regard to pressure on ishore cod stocks from commercials versus recreational charter boats, this article from Maine may be of interest.

http://morningsentinel.mainetoday.com/news...l/2147336.shtml

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

hello Leon

The sad thing is about all this argueing, the same aplies in this country, what ever they do will not make the slightest difference to the cod stock. You could shut down the whole commercial fleet and ban angling totally in the Northern Hemasphere and it still won't make much difference.

hello Leon

You could shut down the whole commercial fleet and ban angling totally in the Northern Hemasphere and it still won't make much difference.

maybe not wurzel for the cod for a while? but it would make a big difference to other species i bet.....

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hello Stavey

Quotemaybe not wurzel for the cod for a while? but it would make a big difference to other species i bet.....

A lot would grow old and die. Not much use to any body.