Hi

saint_1877

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That mystery fish should get on the list though probably not with spinning tactics!

When are you next going out to try to add to the wee codling you caught? I had planned for Ballahellish this w/e but blizzards are forecast so that option seems scuppered.

Thats been my only outing since Etive!! :(

There's a comp at Arbroath on Sunday but after that last one I don't think I'll bother! - I don't think it'll be blue skies this weekend.

Maybees get a meet up with the guys before the lull until the summer fish starts?

Hi Rab, It's the OLD FIFE geezer, :D Hows they hanging....BTW I'm from near Kilsyth, not Fife, I keep ma boat in Fife... I just got in (I'm hiding from the boss for an hour or so)The sea looks perfect for a spot of fishing at Arbroath, theres certainly a nice blow on. We're off to Lochaline tomorrow, trying a bit of fishing off the pier. Hopefully we'll get the first ferry in the morning.Davy has offered a bed for the night coz I'm not as young as I was... :rolleyes: 47 to be exact....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Hi Norrie have you ever fished the pier before? The pier always seems to fish best on an out going tide, I seem to pick up less snags that way.

Your probally best to use a clipped pennel pulley rig baited with mackerel and a squid strip on the top hook and then bind the squid to the mackerel with some elastic thread. Certainly found you catch a few congers with the aforementioned tactics.

Good luck.

Norrie - 47

As my Gran used to say, "one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel".

:D:D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President