some shore fishing.

Gillies

Did a spot on Shore fishing on Saturday and yesterday ... I havent been shore fishing much the past year or two, as Im usually boat fishing ... but am hoping to do more and more.

On Saturday I had 2 Turbot and 3 Dabs in a 4 hour period, yesterday had 15 Pollack in 45 mins (only 45 mins as I was fishing of a small island that I could get to at low tide) ... and got snapped of twice by 2 pretty large Pollack ... biggest caught just over 7lbs, all returned alive.

A couple of weeks ago I got my first ever Turbot form the boat, so it was nice to get ones from the shore also.

Gillies

[ 09. August 2005, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: Gillies ]

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

nice goin' mate good to hear some one catchin off the shore

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Hey Andrew do not forget the bass that ourwullie80,Manxman and myself caught in "Gods Country"!!!

Back up for more on the 20thAug.

Nice catch Gillies,keep it up mate.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I have been thinking about this topic for some time. I fish from the shore from Sept/Oct through till June and then I get my 13ft boat in the water and no more shore fishing till the weather turns. Almost every year for the last few summers I have had this thought in my head. "I actually think I enjoy shore fishing more than boat". And by having my boat in the water in the summer I never get a chance to do shore fishing at the best time of the year.

I pulled my boat onto the beach last week for some maintanence and I haven't put it back on its mooring yet, I have just got home from my fav rock mark having caught a 7 1/4 lb Pollock (Plus a couple of 5lb+ ones) and the fight from the shore is fantastic compared to winching the same size fish from a boat.

I am not saying I will not be going back out on my boat but I will definitely have loads more shore fishing trips this summer.

Bob

[ 09. August 2005, 11:54 PM: Message edited by: Bob on Stronsay ]

Nice catches Gillies. Reports like that will tempt me to Western Scottish shores next summer

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...