Ragworm Ball

Ken Davison South Wales

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to a charter skipper and he said he had seen skate on a few occasions sailing as he put it. He thought they were using the tide flow to move from one feeding area to another.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

When rag worm migrate to spawn they shoal up and tern green, they also go realy limp and slimey, one can not get them on a hook at this stage.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

"As you remarked in a previous thread Ken, it's amazing what wildlife and natural phenomena are there to be seen by the observant. I've witnessed some real close-up animal life and my father saw the northern lights years back whilst up on the N Norfolk coast one night."

I saw the northern lights a couple of months back whilst staying all night at Abbotsbury - a sight to behold!!

[ 12. February 2005, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: MainBassMan ]

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

Guest jay_con

Sounds amazing. Friend of mine told me he saw thousands of rag crawling over the scar one night. Perhaps these were on the way to the rag orgy?

Interesting about the Skate Ken, maybe some of the AN skate gurus will know more?

No idea about the eels but i seem to remember a marine biology class where the lecturer said that the energy budget of eels heading for the sargasso sea did not "add up: On the knowledge they had the calculations said the eels should not be able to make it; yet they clearly do :)

Do they gather and shoal maybe?, perhaps something like geese where they take turns at being the front runner? im so rusty and out of date i have no idea. Any ideas yourself?

Sam, i only dig rag in the summer and never paid much attention to the green colour, also never had problems hooking them though i rarely cast far at all. What time of year were you getting them and did they still look "normal" other than the green colour?

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net