Ragworm Ball

Ken Davison South Wales

The timing of the mating ball must be in RAG WEEK that's why they are in poor condition - they're all p***ed.

What were they wearing? Fancy dress or party frocks? If they are in green chiffon they are posh ones, those in white shell suits have lost their Burberry Baseball caps!! :D:D

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon Simon, fishing is a serious subject. Ragworm going to a ball? Did anyone mussel in and gatecrash? Who was the little Shrimp in the pink suit? He did look out of Plaice. When it ended, there wasn't a Sole in sight.

[ 12. April 2005, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: kentangler ]

30+ years ago I went to Penmon, Anglesey,with my Dad, for a weekend fishing. Set up the tent at the top of the beach and was woken up in the morning to a the sound of millions of gulls. Looked outside the tent 20 foot to the high tide line and saw the strand line was red and covered in gulls. Closer inspection revealed a mile long strip of ragworm, 2 feet deep and a foot high right along the high tide line. The worms were writhing and churning. The sea was absolutely full of free swimming rag.

Locals told us it was a phenominon that last occurred 50+ years ago

By the next high tide they had all gone, presumably back to the mud.

Hello Jaffa

got some thoughts on the subjects on here.

First the king rag worm in this area have a mass spawn usally at night and during a full moon. it seems all the worms in the area mass just for that one night, I think it is triggered by the moon.

I have seen thornback rays on the surface several times, people do not realize how agile a skate can be, I have often gutted skate and found bits of garfish in them.

I think the eels were geting the heat from the metal piles, if the sun had warmed them up all day they would hold that heat all night and warm the water close to the surface, probably felt like a electric blanket to the eels.

I fish to live and live to fish.