Any Tips

adamf

when i'am floatfishing i like mine to be all floppy and hang low but when i'am ledgering/quiver tipping i like it tight so it puts a bend in my rod.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Tighten it up after you cast out.

Have you spooled up correctly so there's no line twist?

More info on how and where (river/lake?) you are fishing might help.

sounds like springy line thats hanging in loose coils.you could try getting

a heavy ledger or weight find a field either cast it out as far as you can

or place it on the ground and walk backwards then wind it back,do this

several times to remove any springyness and line twist you may have picked up.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Hello guys,do you have any tips on how to keep the line that comes from reel through the eyes on the rod tight,mine always seems to be loose.

try wetting line (when its on reel) that should keep line tight when coming off reel

WHEN IM GOOD THEY NEVER REMEMBER

WHEN IM BAD THEY NEVER FORGET.

Certainly sounds like cheap line with a memory Adam!! (The sort I sell:-)) What make of line is it?? But I would n't worry about it as long as it tightens when you STRIKE!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Its maxima..........i also forgot to ask how to stop my float drifting,i sunk the line but the float always ends up coming towards me.

With Maxima I'm unsure as to what the problem is Adam, line is for my money the best run of the mill line you can get!! But drift is easy!! Maxima is a floating line!! Try putting a couple of drops of washing up liquid on the spool. Or alternatively stick the whole spool in a weak solution of liquid and water that will help it to sink. BUT you need to keep doing it as the solution will break down. Otherwise choose a sinking line next time you change the reel line.

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))