A Morning In The Life Of A Commercial Fisherman

sam-cox

B)-->

QUOTE(Norm B @ Nov 20 2005, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Sorry Steve it was meant as a light hearted jest, nothing personal, just that the thread was getting a bit heavy and I tried to lighten it up. No getting at Sam intended but I didn't think you or anyone else would take it seriously. Obviously they did so I apologise again. :(

:( Sorry if you took it as a slight Sam, not intended that way. Just an attempt at humour, obviously it failed. :(

Norm, I took it as the joke that it was mate. No offence taken by me, and I doubt by Sam. :D

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi sam i enjoyed reading your thread well done matey, the only thing i would not like to hear though is if you decided to take up netting again and continued to rod and line fish as well and considered yourself a sports angler as some folk do on here, the word hypocrisy springs to mind, because in my book you cant be both.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

if you decided to take up netting again and continued to rod and line fish as well and considered yourself a sports angler as some folk do on here, the word hypocrisy springs to mind, because in my book you cant be both.

Why ever not !

Pahaps Steve or Sam will confirm that I reliesed all the mullet I caught last summer, I fished for the sport, did you expect me to put them in a fish box and send them to market?

I'm beging to worry about you Stavey, you used to be a worthy adversary, now you are just getting increasingly bitter and twisted.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I know may be hard for some to belive but Wurzel is a ruddy good angler, better than most on hear.

I have seen photoes of him releaseing a 5lb mullet, hes handerling it like it was a new born.

No worries Norm.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

if you decided to take up netting again and continued to rod and line fish as well and considered yourself a sports angler as some folk do on here, the word hypocrisy springs to mind, because in my book you cant be both.

Why ever not !

Pahaps Steve or Sam will confirm that I reliesed all the mullet I caught last summer, I fished for the sport, did you expect me to put them in a fish box and send them to market?

I'm beging to worry about you Stavey, you used to be a worthy adversary, now you are just getting increasingly bitter and twisted.

I can confirm that Wurzel is an angler in every sense of the word. I've seen him catch trout, mullet and bass on rod and line, and I know he does well with barbel and chub too. He just happens to earn his living from fishing commercially.

Anyone who can come back from a day at sea, grab some tackle and bait, then go angling until 1.00am is a keen angler in my book. Why shouldn't he enjoy angling as much as we do?

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

Why ever not !

Well i could be wrong in some cases then? perhaps you are right wurzel i am begining to become a little bitter? i dont think you could blame me though to much? after what damage i have seen being done to my mullet fishing by inconsiderate morons with their seine and gill nets this summer for beer money, and not a word of support condeming such illegal practices coming from any commercials, can you blame me?

I can confirm that Wurzel is an angler in every sense of the word. I've seen him catch trout, mullet and bass on rod and line, and I know he does well with barbel and chub too. He just happens to earn his living from fishing commercially.

Anyone who can come back from a day at sea, grab some tackle and bait, then go angling until 1.00am is a keen angler in my book. Why shouldn't he enjoy angling as much as we do?

I commend you steve for your change of stance towards commercials, i guess you have learnt a lesson from the outcome of the stour and orwel project then, i seem to remember a little hostility towards people like wurzel from you after they had squashed you proposals in to the groung in the time it takes to boil an egg, all that hard work eh, yes i did send my consultation papers back to your sfc and received there letter saying it was a no no but then maybe some advantages may go your way in the long run ;)

Hello Stavey

I met Steve through the Stour and Orwell project.

Steve and I agree to disagree on several issuse, he is not afraid to speak his mind, if he disagrees with me on any issue he lets me know, I respect him for this . Being an angler myself I can under stand his views a bit better than some of my coleagues.

On meeting Steve I soon reliesed that he is just as addicted to angling as I am, and we'v struck a freindship, from which we have both benifited.

Some thing Steve done that you need to do is spend a day out on a commercial boat, I ve showed him my wheelehouse logs, he has seen for him self that the nets I use are not quite the killing machines you think they are. I would have liked him to have managed a few more trips, one day is not realy enough, perhaps next year. I have kept him informed of our catches as the year has progressed. If he has mellowed a little it could be that a little of what I rabbit on about works out in practice.

I fish to live and live to fish.

I found Sam's posting interesting and pleasant reading and would welcome more "catch reports" from the likes of Wurzel, Binatone et al.

I don't see there is anything wrong with making your living from the sea its all about management.