Ice Fishing!?

Blank

Down here in the mellow southeast our waters have not yet gone stiff; it's been very cold though (several consecutive nights of hard frost and daytime temperatures only reaching about 5C at best). Nonetheless, carp are still feeding. I went roach fishing on Friday - twice during the day I had zip-fast takes that I'm convinced were carp picking up the feeder (packed with mini-pellets, hemp and worm-bits).

Hair-rigged feeder............. there's a thought!

I was doing a bit of spinning for pike at weekend on Poyton Pool and I watched a young carper wade half way across the lake breaking himsef a channel through the ice then proceed to bait the area up and put a rod on it.

An hour later he had the carp fizzing away at the bait then banked a nice looking fish.

Shows they are feeding happily away under the ice.

You should try the old North East Coast.........from Grimsby here and we've been shivering away through the last few Sessions!!! Caught any? You're having a laugh......still can't catch 'em sat watching the Tele now can I :D:D:D

Edited by Treach515

Seriously? For what areas?

Scotland, down East coast possibly as far as Suffolk.

Freezing fog in Felixstowe at ther moment.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Yep seriously. I'll be sitting snug under my brolly on the bank of the canal hoping to hook into a carp or two.

You lot must be barking mad going out in this weather :rolleyes: but I am just the same when going out carping/piking in the winter :o:):lol::lol:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

I live in Bexley in Kent, quite close to london.

Im also new here lol, hello everyone

Me and my mate went yesterday to Stubponds near Gatwick.

The small lake had ice on it when we first go there at about 8, but it soon melted, i was ledgering all day and caught nothing. I had a float out with maggots for the last hour and pulled in a few roach. Someone else on the big lake there called forge had a 20lb carp and someone else had a 17lb sturgeon