What Scales Shall I Buy?

Guest Josh Iddon

I use the Waymaster scales, pretty robust. One good point I have heard is that if you drop them in the water, they float. Never done it myself mind, but good to know I'd be able to pluck them back out if dropped.

The needle has a tendancy to wander if jogged about in a coat pocket but easily zeroed thanks to the dial on the back.

Accuracy wise I'm led to believe they are quite good though never examined them that closely.

As said before, if they're good enough for John Wilson, they're good enough for me! :)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had two sets of avons for about 15-20years they are both going strong and as far as I can tell from my rudimentry testing, with bags of sugar etc they seem fine. Waymasters are a little less but as far as I know are dead accurate too, but have always seemed a little less robust to me.

Hows about some of THESE

Never used them so can`t comment on their accuracy etc but I`m sure they`re the ones a certain John Wilson uses and if they`re good enough for him........

Well within budget as well :D

They are the scales I use and I've found them to be perfect, very accurate!! :)

Dan

I think they must have recently gone from being 30lb scales to 40lb scales as some places seem to advertise them as 30lb and some 40lb. I got the 40lb options, but 50lb would be better as it's not totally impossible that one might get a 40+ pike one day, but a 50+ is stretching credulity a bit too far! ;):D

Tim

oi oi well i bought some didgital scales off e.bay from somewhere in dumfrise & galloway so far no problem dont care what people say about didgital. i like em only cost £18 return of post verry quick verry suprised dont take my word for it go take a look for yourself. :D:D

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

They are exactly what I'm after (waymaster). I'm reluctant to order online and am having some difficulty in finding some locally.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Hi Josh,

Avon scales very good. I suggest you do a search on Ebay for 'avon scales' you should get them for around £20. New ones will cost you around £25-£30.

If used just ask if the clear plastic (where you view the dial) is badly scratched. If it's been kept in it's bag it should be ok.

Sizes - 32lb , 40lb & I think there could be another to 4lb? There could be other sizes. Just ask the seller what weight is max if it's not quoted in the details..