Greetings

Huge_Vitae

Hello People,

I have migrated here from the Lounge Forum which seems to have gone a bit slack lately, I think due to the download times from the size of the site but who knows!!!!

I hope to share a few stories and laughs with you all, I have fished the waters around the Isle of Wight for some thirty years (I even remember catching a fish once I think.... :o

I retired early three years ago and now spend all of my available time fishing in my own boat. :rolleyes:

If any of you live in my area and want to spend some time with an old cripple and are prepared to pitch in with work on the boat and diesel costs you are all welcome.

Dependant on the weather I fish Solent, Needles, St Catherines, the channel and now and again the Channel Islands.

I have a lot of friends over here who come with me fishing but they WORK (sorry to use swear words) during the week and so I am limited to weekend fishing when we all know the weather is bad!!!

So I am always up for weekdays fishing trips....

Thanx all, hope to swop- some banter with you soon. :D:D:D

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Hi and Welcome Huge - I fish the same areas but based from that small island North of you (watch out for a Trophy called....Salar). I'll be out there Sunday weather permitting :rolleyes:

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk

Hi Ho Matey,

Me too on Sunday.... weather forecast seems to be changing daily though....

Whereabouts are you going, I was out last sunday for an hour or so before it blew up too bad, got a smoothie just off West Ryde Middle then moved over towards Browndown Battery, I have passed a mark there that looks promising but everythime I try to fish it its covered in yachts making for Pompey!!!

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

I only go in the Solent now when time is short or its blowing up. Too much tide, weed and yotties! I'm based in Langstone Harbour so tend to go South to the Nab area, Selsey, or round to Culver Spit. Nice bass from New Grounds for Sonja in August (see her thread). We are getting to the time of year where bass shoal up along Southsea and Haslar shores and the size of fish in the shoals improves every year, so I might look for them....depends on the direction and strength of the wind. What's your boat name? We can touch base on Ch 10 if nearby. Browndown was a favourite area when I trailered an Alaska 500 as there is a launching ramp very near. Had a few codling in Stokes Bay in those days!

Well YY.....

Leave a few fish for you.... certainly will......

by the way if anybody catches a reasonable Bass, still attached to a 7ft Ugly Stix boat Rod and a charter special off Brooke...... it's mine from a fortnight ago.

Guest sslatter

Hiya and welcome Huge..

I fish around Southampton Water (based in that conurbation that straddles three rivers), for mullet.

I hear good tales of Medina mullet..have you ever fished it?

Huge_Vitae:

so I am limited to weekend fishing when we all know the weather is bad!!!

And now its forecast to F5 Sunday. Great.

BTW what boat have you got?

Cygnus Cyclone named "Fubar"

There are a lot of mullet in the Medina and in Wootton, gave up trying to catch one when I was about 12.