Good News Or Bad News

MALC2

I have just read on the Keith Arthur page in the A.T and it has been reported that a barbel has been caught on the river Test at Timsbury.

I am a barbel angler and know how i feel about this but would like to hear other people's views. :unsure:

atb

malc

atb

malc

A barbel was caught a few weeks ago at Timsbury according to the bailiff. The Test is home to just about every freshwater species that swims including the dreaded carp, so I'm not sure if a barbel or three will make much difference other than provide more sport. There have been a number of barbel in the Itchen for some years and it doesnt seem to have affected the river adversely.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Hmmm!

Dunc hooked something in the main river last year at Timsbury that just kept going.

First thoughts was that it was a barbel, but decided that it must have been a carp because there aren't barbel in the river at Timsbury.

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Hmmm!

Dunc hooked something in the main river last year at Timsbury that just kept going.

First thoughts was that it was a barbel, but decided that it must have been a carp because there aren't barbel in the river at Timsbury.

Tight Lines - leon

Ihave just posted there are barbel in the Test at Timsbury. :blink:

atb

malc

I have just posted there are barbel in the Test at Timsbury. :blink:

atb

malc

atb

malc

Ihave just posted there are barbel in the Test at Timsbury. :blink:

atb

malc

It has been rumoured for a couple of years hat Barbel were in Test. I doubt there are many, but they are obviously there. I cannot see it doing any harm to the river as they have been in the Itchen for years and it has not done any harm to the fishing.

Would like to see the Trout boys faces when they hook one though on the fly :)

Paul

I saw some below the weir at Testwood at least 10 years ago so they've taken their time to go 7 miles upstream?

(there were some big carp in there too)

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.

There's no doubt that if Barbel become common in the Test, they will get big feeding on Salmon spawn.

Gloomy though it may seem (for Salmon anglers), the Wye has had Barbel for years, but is still a great Salmon river. I'd imagine though, that a lot of Barbel caught on the Test, will go the same way as they do on the Wye. That is, straight into the nearest hedge.

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

There's no doubt that if Barbel become common in the Test, they will get big feeding on Salmon spawn.

Gloomy though it may seem (for Salmon anglers), the Wye has had Barbel for years, but is still a great Salmon river. I'd imagine though, that a lot of Barbel caught on the Test, will go the same way as they do on the Wye. That is, straight into the nearest hedge.

Interesting, I presume from your post Dunk that the Barbel 'darn sarf' must be quite active in the depths of Winter in order to take advantage of the Salmon spawn.

I say interesting, because up in the frozen North East, Barbel fishing can be bl**dy hard during the Winter months, no I'll correct that...bl**dy impossible!! :(:(

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

Dear Dunk,

I tell you what, I'll do a deal with those salmon anglers.

If they promise not to throw another barbel into hedge bottoms, I'll promise not to take another Trent caught salmon for a trip to the North Pole. My freezer.

Regards,

Lee.

Sorry can't believe that any sort of angler throws a barbel into the hedge bottoms,salmon angler or other wise,if barbel anglers did the same thing there would be an up roar,i think all these fish can live in harmony it has been proved on rivers like the Wye where huge barbel can be found on salmon swims. <_<

atb

malc

atb

malc