Abu Reel

salmo6934

I need a ABU 5000 serviced. Any idea's?

Cheers.

go to www.reelvalue.co.uk and click on 'service' You'll find the contact details from all of the major reel companies and their service centres.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Hiya, try Nigel Firth aka The Reel Doctor, at .www.Reelrepairs@lycos.com VERY good, and great prices too...or call on 01795 471697

Cheers.

Norrie

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Thanks Argyll. Already done that and got an email address that didn't work.

Cheers

Sorry about that salmo, however the tel no does work...I used it this morning. They offered to replace the sideplate and bearing assembly (not cheap) on my ABU D5 under warranty. Thats after telling them that it was bought secondhand in the USA. I thought their helpfullness deserved a recommendation :)

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Sorry about that salmo, however the tel no does work...I used it this morning. They offered to replace the sideplate and bearing assembly (not cheap) on my ABU D5 under warranty. Thats after telling them that it was bought secondhand in the USA. I thought their helpfullness deserved a recommendation :)

:o Argyll, never noticed the phone number , will give a try.

Norrie, same problem trying to get the site you mentioned.

Thanks to both.

But when do you want the reel back?

Hi Peter,

I've only once had problems with reel service, and that was when the put their repairs out to a sub contractor.

A reel (not mine) was returned, looking like it had done many tours of duty in Bosnia!

After a heated telephone call my reel was returned.

But I must admit I've only had good reports of their service since they went " in house"

Hiya, try Nigel Firth aka The Reel Doctor, at .www.Reelrepairs@lycos.com VERY good, and great prices too...or call on 01795 471697

Cheers.

Norrie

norries age must be getting to him, i think he's mixing up web and email addresses, come on norrie, wake up!