Sony Wants Access To Your Phone Records, Emails Etc

Leon Roskilly

Not content with slipping software onto audio discs to be surreptiously loaded onto your PC to spy upon you, now Sony wants to use information gathered to counter terrorism to track your life on the offchance that you might have been illegally downloading 'their propery'!

See: http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/netmusic/st...1651273,00.html

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

its a case of if we cant sell it to you you cant have it

same old argument of freedom of information against privacy the later always looses

B*ST*RDS

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

its all collected anyway ,i expect the government will make a quick buck giving them all the info they require and anyone else with money :rolleyes:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Not content with slipping software onto audio discs to be surreptiously loaded onto your PC to spy upon you, now Sony wants to use information gathered to counter terrorism to track your life on the offchance that you might have been illegally downloading 'their propery'!

See: http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/netmusic/st...1651273,00.html

Tight Lines - leon

Hi Cousin,

I can reccomend AVG antivrus as it's free and works really well, and you'll get all the updated dat files downloaded automatically.(Grisoft website)

Don't use Norton what ever you do, it embeds itself every where on your hard drive,is an absolute nightmare to remove, and does not work anywhere near as good as AVG.

A so called virus free Harddrive( as stated by Norton), was tested and found to have loads of viruses & trojans, which AVG detected and removed.(I've got it on my PC, so it has to be good)

Also install Microsoft Antispyware, it's also free, from Microsoft.

(CJS Computer services is my mate's company)

Hi Cousin,

I can reccomend AVG antivrus as it's free and works really well, and you'll get all the updated dat files downloaded automatically.(Grisoft website)

Don't use Norton what ever you do, it embeds itself every where on your hard drive,is an absolute nightmare to remove, and does not work anywhere near as good as AVG.

A so called virus free Harddrive( as stated by Norton), was tested and found to have loads of viruses & trojans, which AVG detected and removed.(I've got it on my PC, so it has to be good)

Also install Microsoft Antispyware, it's also free, from Microsoft.

(CJS Computer services is my mate's company)

Hi Peter,

Too Late.

I've got Norton Antivirus installed.

AOL scan everything in and out using McAfee.

I've also got Zone Alarm Firewall running.

And as for spyware

I have SpyBlaster installed

I run Spybot, Microsoft AntiSpyware, AdAware, and AOL Spyware Protection (It's amazing how things picked up by one, are missed by another and vice versa)

And I'm not allowing anything with a Sony label into the house!!

So far I've been lucky :)

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Companies access to your computer transmissions . . um there's something called the data protection act. If they get round that nothing and no one will be safe.

Norton . . just got a new computer. It came pre-loaded with Norton and not being a fan I attempted to remove it. Thinking I had managed to get rid of every last Norton ( Symantic ) file I then loaded Avast . . result one hell of a big crash. After checking found the only thing I could do, with my limited computer ability, was to instigate a restore to factory settings and live with it.

On my last computer I removed Norton, well pretty much all I could find of it, but not well enough. Norton was lurking somewhere as it kept allowing itself access to my computer although I kept trying to lock it out with my firewall ( Zonealarm ). One hell of a pain.

Andrew Boyd

you can download a remover from the net ,handy for reinstalling and getting another years downloads ;)

or use a third party installer ,it watches where every file goes and removes them when you want the prog removed ,being bold i remove it manually B)

the data prot act doesent really mean anything i guess it was introduced to stop people getting email leaks from within the government being that the gov doesent mind snooping everywhere its only applicable to the honest folk ,you usually have to sign a waver in most things anyway (otherwise whoever your dealing with refuses to cooperate) so it has no value except to the government so it can bend its own rules and for the government itself to quote when your on the track of something shady with the government or large business.

same for the freedom of inf act ,you only see what "they" want you too any jobsworth can stamp anything with a lable stating its "sensetive" or " a danger to the state" etc and withhold it :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson