Compromise

JB

Guest @Winter@

Ive heared it all now. Blaming the fish stock situation on Chris Bonnington really takes the biscuit :):lol:

I dont think all the millionaires reitrd though BC. I here one of the local ones is to diversify into shellfish so he can screw that industry too, and those who have made a sustainable living from that industry for as long as I care to remember. Screw the little man seems to be the philosophy. Those who only take enough to feed their family now have to step aside.

I wonder if these millionaires will be joining this forum to give me a peice of their mind for all the terrible allegations I keep flinging around.

Edited by @Winter@

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Where there is a Will, there is a way'. Sorry steve, still I am not convinced about your will. Let's just DO IT.

hi fishingsfine

In the first world world, the men in the trenches, when told to go over the top said, Let's just DO I, and looked what happen to them.

Same thing could happen to the bass, only their trench is the BMP.

Regards steve

Same thing could happen to the bass, only their trench is the BMP.

Hello steve, as far as i am concerned the only trench i know that our bass have to get over every minute/hour/day/year on year, is the thousands and thousands of miles of tea strainer sized mono tangle nets, that surrounds this tiny little island, and hopefully the bmp proposals if they get passed? will help by knocking a few holes in them so that we anglers can stand some chance of catching something bigger than a sprat.

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Hello Stavey

Hello steve, as far as i am concerned the only trench i know that our bass have to get over every minute/hour/day/year on year, is the thousands and thousands of miles of tea strainer sized mono tangle nets, that surrounds this tiny little island,

Are you sure? you've been round the Brish Iles and counted and mesured them I expect.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Steve G

something funny happen last year in central southern england the small fish did not turn up and we have not had any sprats at all for 2 years. It seems to me they have moved your way wuzel.

We found the same, by small you mean 36 to 45 cm, I blamed a constant north wind , the anglers blamed the gill nets, nothing new there.

We don't see sprats untill now, the sprat boats have just starting to catch some,

I fish to live and live to fish.

If you’re looking for someone to blame for the demise of cod fishing in the North Sea you are too late.

They are retired millionaires who caught all the big cod (that’s caused all the damage) twenty odd years.

One of them climbed Everest not so long ago; I bet he still had a smile on his face when he got to the top. I bet he would have a bigger smile on his face reading this forum and watching you go round and round in circles.

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.p...nt_Everest.html

John Brennan and Michele Wheeler, Whitby

http://www.chieftaincharters.com

Guest binatone

There you go then john. I think that you must agree that this man caught more cod from the North Sea than most of us could only dream of in a lifetime.

I don’t know if you ever met him? But if you have you must agree that his enthusiasm for fishing left you astounded. His never ending quest for more knowledge only left you bewildered as to how much he could compact into one lifetime.

He made his money through hard work an absolute love and dedication of the industry he was in and climbing Everest only proves that retirement did not leave behind his determination to do things.

You try telling this man that there’s no ground aback of thirty miles? He perfected pair trawling through his years of working the ropes along the ground edges as well you will know. Eventually perfecting a job where he could work the hardest of ground (in the North Sea) to its full benefits.

Hello steve, as far as i am concerned the only trench i know that our bass have to get over every minute/hour/day/year on year, is the thousands and thousands of miles of tea strainer sized mono tangle nets, that surrounds this tiny little island, and hopefully the bmp proposals if they get passed? will help by knocking a few holes in them so that we anglers can stand some chance of catching something bigger than a sprat.

hi stavey

I catch loads of very large bass on rod and line maybe you should try a change of method or try thinking harder what you are doing wrong instead of blaming other people. Maybe a few trips out with me might help

steve

Steve,

You just make me less convinced about your will to increase any MLS.

There is all the scientifc evidence you need to carry on with this.

Unlikely so many other projects in live, you can even change in the implementation phase and adapt to new situations if they should occur. It is the will to do it that makes the whole difference. The way you argue no-one would ever build a house with a roof because we have strong evidence that they fall down on people when bombed (evidence from WW1) or when a tornado runs over it (plenty of evidence on that from present time and last century from various places on the planet).

where is the scientific evidence that says that the discards and french trawlers will not catch and kill the 36 cm bass before they reach 45cm, come on where is it, they need this evidence so as to make the right decision. Where's the evidence that says the larger mesh size, will not muller the existing stock of bass over 45 cm. If you stand on a railway and a train is coming at you at 100 mph do you get out of the way or not. The same differance with regard to the bmp

Hello Steve G

something funny happen last year in central southern england the small fish did not turn up and we have not had any sprats at all for 2 years. It seems to me they have moved your way wuzel.

We found the same, by small you mean 36 to 45 cm, I blamed a constant north wind , the anglers blamed the gill nets, nothing new there.

We don't see sprats untill now, the sprat boats have just starting to catch some,

Hi wuzel

battle wiery steve here lol lol

yes i did mean 36 to 45 i am surprised you did not have them where you are. where were they then???

regards steve