Life Of A Cod

arthurcodsbody

Fisheries Research Services, based in Aberdeen, has reported that a cod was recently recaptured from the sea two-and-a-half years after being tagged with an electronic data storage device.

During its liberty, the fish grew from 44cm to 85cm and increased its weight from a mere 800g to an impressive 6kg.

The value of a cod per kilo increases with its size.

So that at 0.8kg the fish at recent Newlyn prices of £1.50 per kilo would fetch £1.20p.

But when it has reached 6kg, it would be worth £3.25 per kilo or £19.50.

The real return would come from leaving the capital in the bank i.e. fish in the sea.

Yet commercial fishermen still insist on being allowed to draw out every last drop of capital today!

I wish I could find an investment that would turn £1.20 into £19.50 in just two-and-a-half years.

John Brooks

Redruth

(From Western Morning News)

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Fisheries Research Services, based in Aberdeen, has reported that a cod was recently recaptured from the sea two-and-a-half years after being tagged with an electronic data storage device.

During its liberty, the fish grew from 44cm to 85cm and increased its weight from a mere 800g to an impressive 6kg.

The value of a cod per kilo increases with its size.

So that at 0.8kg the fish at recent Newlyn prices of £1.50 per kilo would fetch £1.20p.

But when it has reached 6kg, it would be worth £3.25 per kilo or £19.50.

The real return would come from leaving the capital in the bank i.e. fish in the sea.

Yet commercial fishermen still insist on being allowed to draw out every last drop of capital today!

I wish I could find an investment that would turn £1.20 into £19.50 in just two-and-a-half years.

John Brooks

Redruth

(From Western Morning News)

Tight Lines - leon

Interesting leon, it just shows yet again how short sighted our! and foriegn commercial friends realy are.......

Edited by stavey

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Your too kind Leon. They are on an overdraft they never even applied for.

the fish grew from 44cm to 85cm and increased its weight from a mere 800g to an impressive 6kg.

All that in 2.5 years, wow. Perhaps wurzel was right all along and there is loads of cod out there, the only thing being that they only feed on stones and pebbles. ;)

Guest Feels like Winter to me
Leon is the "kind one, rather than John Brookes?! :D

"They are on an overdraft they never even applied for" ? What does that mean?

Thought a man of your intelligence would have been able to take something from that. In light of recent disputes chris I wont be getting into that kind of debate for a while. Sorry!!!