Voip (voice Over Ip)

Newt

Skype to skype on PC's is free..I used it for hours and hours to call Japan.....Leon and I can talk for free as well :)

Newt, as I guess that most places where you will be staying will have acces to the net, then get them all to sign up with skype before you come over..

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still wondering about the paid version though. It seems really strange that it would cost me nearly 10 times as much per minute to call the UK as it would cost a UK user to call the US.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

those charges are still a fraction of the costs of regular calls i can call the us for 2p/min via a secondary dialer, I think they then route via the net, otherwise about 9p /min, can't explain the dis-parity between the different directions

I can do usa for 2p a min too, alpha telecom, their landline to mobile rates are cheap too even the international ones, in fact its only 1p a minute to greece from a mobile, but youve got to have free mins to make it worth your while.

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

By golly, you may have hit on the exact reason. I was thinking it might be that you folks are at least 10 times harder to understand in spoken conversation but the logic in that kept escaping me.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I've been using Skype for about 3 weeks now to talk to friends in the states using my PC. I talk using my mic and I use MSN messenger for the images (web cam). It's good fun and saves a fortune. ;)

By golly, you may have hit on the exact reason. I was thinking it might be that you folks are at least 10 times harder to understand in spoken conversation but the logic in that kept escaping me.

I have an "innocent question" that hopefully won't offend. Do you guys have as much difficulty understanding us talk as we many times do you? After all, we don't have the accent - you do - right? :P:P