When Are You Expecting The £ To Be Devalued ?

yoxer

Of course David Cameron is the new Blair, they appear to agree on a lot of policies, UK Fishing and Yoxer are not going to like that.

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope the first thing he does is get rid of the benifit system, Oh and the NHS , although he can leave the NHS alone as it will crumble into the dust regardless all by itself.

& while we'r at it ...when did you last see someone down at the dole withoot a fag hanging oot their mouth

Lets hope the first thing he does is get rid of the benifit system, Oh and the NHS , although he can leave the NHS alone as it will crumble into the dust regardless all by itself.

He's clearly not going to do that, he is going to create a warmer ,more cuddly, inclusive Tory Party its back to concensus politics.

See Dennis Skinner got kicked out of the House of Commons yesterday, I am glad somethings don't change.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

Sorry Davy, but honestly I do feel that Labour have an agenda for the redistribution of wealth otherwise I cannot evisige how someone earning -half- what I earn an hour, effectively gets -given- vast quantities of money i.e. handouts in order to 'get by'. I work in a low income area (Lincolnshire) so my income is not devastating compared to what I could potentitally earn in a city, but I live where I live, and like the area.

It is also a fact that more money has left my paypacket, council tax, petrol and all sorts of other taxation - and not all goes to public services. A great deal goes back into to the tax credits system.

However, I HAVE AND COULD get by when I was out of work (which as I said I GOT NO HELP FOR) - it was difficult YES but not impossible. Suggesting that this lad cannot get by without 8 or 9k extra is a joke - basically (all in) he gets a similar lifestyle but without the sacrifices I have made to get where I am?? He earns more than the minimum wage and works full time, so shouild be capable of at least getting by - maybe with some benefit - but certainly not £800 a month (jesus, that would cover virtually all my mortgage, council tax, food, car, sky, etc).

I have a young family, we do perfectly ok with virtually no government help. IF Millie wanted for anything she'd get the money before fags, drink, fishing gear etc. We have had to make allowances for the fact that our expenditure has gone up - whereas people on high amounts of benefits almost seem to get rewarded for having more kids.

I come from a family that also scraped through the eighties - my dad is a builder and my mother didn't work much or in low paid jobs. We got nothing other than child benefit, and we all got through. We never had Nike trainers, I never had a 'brand new' fishing rod, I never had massively expensive games consoles. However, I did not want for much - and generally speaking we got by - maybe not to the standard some people I knew did, but well enough - my mother and father like Davy had nothing for themselves really, until we left home, but in fairness that is one of the sacrifices we make as parents (as I said above, I'd cancel sky if money became a problem before making Millie go without - a great many people on benefits have still have dishes on the side of their house still!!)

Edited by UK-Fishing-Tackle.co.uk

Ian W

DavyR

I did not suggest that public sector workers do not work ! Where did you get that idea from?

No I have re-read it, I still can't see it . . . must be a sense of guilt there, or is it a huge, mahossive chip just SW of your left ear?

What I am saying is if you have 3, 4 or 5 people working in the private sector how, just how is the tax and NI take from their income going to pay for everything the government/local councils provide and one public sector employee . . which requires . . 1) salary 2) resources 3) a property to work in 4) ( the biggie ) pension STARTING AT 60 wow. You have to remember we're talking of private sector employees paying for this, you have to leave out all those who are not in work, disabled ( we are right to support them ), and all those thousands who do not work for a mirid of reasons.

Everything has to be paid for, if the public sector employ's, what is it? an additional 168,000 the bill is massive, the numbers are mind blowing. Ah, I now understand the government just borrows more money, easy, but who's going to be paying it back??

The Old Lady of Threadneedle Street won't need to devalue the £, Gordon's doing a good job on his own. ( He's just wishing that "Tony" will bail out soon and hand him the top job so there's someone else in the hot seat to blame ).

The market has bucked the trend for some time now, but reason will soon return and it'll be messy.

Now if I was *****, Di*****, G**, ***** and lived in ********** I would be happy, with all those benefits lobbed in my direction. . . Then I'd be saying "work, why?".

Andrew Boyd

Come on chaps, be fair, have a little sympathy for all the lads and lasses without a job. Don't forget, they need to lay in bed everyday until gone midday, after all, they do support their local nightclubs until early hours of the morning, and do more then their fair share to help keep the brewery in profits, not forgetting the late night drug runners, we can't afford to make them redundant.

All this activity cost a fortune. On top of this they have a BMW to keep on the road, poor souls need their transport, they have to sign on every two weeks.

Must also remember all the other traders that rely on these poor souls, Chinese takeaway, Kebab shops, MacDonald's etc etc.

Then what about all those poor single mothers, struggling to bring up the kids all day, frequently interrupted by male visitors popping in/out helping her to keep the bed warm.

They really do have a tough life, so give them a break, donate a few quid to these deprived, lazy, good for nothing timewasters...LOL

the unemployment figures are actually larger than the government say ,their highly regarded "New Deal" they crow about is mandatory after a certain time ,trouble is EVERY one on it is then NOT on the unemployment list :rolleyes:

trouble is its vastly more money than just paying JSA ,not only are the now invisible people paid £10 more a week their fares are paid as well (to wherever they go) . Not only That this ill disguised workhouse ethic also PAYS the "employer" £75 a week to "employ " them ,the reason behind is it "may" result in employment (not when the £75 disapears i bet) .

i went on this farce 2 years ago ,as they dont pay parking fees i went by public transport (couldnt use the bike as it was off the road) i had previously told my employment officer i would have trouble getting to basingstoke from tilford but he ordered me to go.

Any way the induction week started at 9.30 monday and the first bus was at 9.30 from the village to the station ,2 trains later and i turned up at the "office" a 11.30 where i informed them i had to leave by 12.30 to get the last bus to the village (no busses at all now) this caused a little consternation and not a few phonecalls :D

by 12.30 they had arranged for me to get a taxi to and from the station each day (£18) PLUS my trainfares :o so that would have been more money to get me there than i was getting in benefits :angry:

The computer (one of the 3 courses)training didnt exist most of it was playing on a score of p.c's with a certificate at the end just to say youd completed a "course" in IT ,it had no value as it was just a certificate from the agency

the plumbing course i had enrolled on strangley didnt exist despite the chap from the agency telling me the week before it did

:angry:

on the next day (9.30) i was told the only other available course besides this !T one was in gardening :o having spent the last 20 odd years doing just that i though theres little to be learnt and declined their kind offer ,more phonecalls and my "adviser" at the jobcenter spoke to me and told me it was mandatory :rolleyes:

i enquired where this training was (hoping it was a nice agricultural college with modern methods) nope it was at a nursery where 3 weeks before they had turned me down because i was overqualified (expensive) i asked if they were positive and they assured me i started on monday for 6 months :angry:

i left on the spot and on being called into the jobcenter with threats of money being stopped for 6 months later in the week i (luckily) told him actually this "new" deal wasent mandatory for the over fifties and told him to stick it up his bum.not being a nieve kid he realised bullying wouldnt work and took me off the newdeal .

so not only is the unemployment figures fiddled it costs at least 3 times the amount to hide them (more if you include the fees this american company charges for its "training")

i am certainlly not workshy but being employed at less than basic wage for an employer who didnt want me less than a month before a tad annoyed me .

i would love to know where all this good living is benifit recievers get ,i live of my mrs's benifits as a carer ,we have a dish but not Sky ,the cars sits most of the time under a cover and we certainly dont dine on fast food nor rent videos etc ,my only diversion is the internet and believe me looking after my mrs i need the escape ,being epileptic with a gammy knee her late night escapades and day time switching on and off is certainly draining for her and me :D

our "overseas" holidays stop just short of "overseas" and are camping at Folkestone so we can on a fine day see france without the effort and expence of going there,not cheap at over a £100 a week to rent a 3x4 mtre patch of grass :( certain things have to be missed in able to get there at all and belt tightening a few more notches than usual

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I can't really be bothered argueing with some of the usual Labour / Nanny State Supporters so I will just contribute the jist from an article in my local rag to help out my old buddies UK Fishing Tackle and Yoxer.

A meeting will be held for council tenants wishing to air their views regarding a potential takeover by a housing association. Over 90% are fiercely against the proposal. Due to poor turnouts on previous meetings 50 odd out of 8,300 tenants I believe, each one present at the next meeting will receive a £10 voucher for their inconvenience!

You couldn't make it up. :angry:

I'll give you a better one . A friend turns up unexpected after being away for 15 years. No Nat insurance , no tax paid at all in those 15 years, completely outside the system. "Sorry mate you can only stay here tonight" as I had guests staying at the time. Next day I gets a phone call ........social services have put him in B & B. Within 24hrs he had his own flat from social services and was getting just under 60 quid a week from them . " WHAT , did they ask you where the hell youd been for the last 15 years "....." Oh aye, I told them I was gay and my boyfriend who was keeping me had buggered off back to Brazil and left me homeless " That was 3 years ago and not 1 more question has been asked of him since !