Scupper Pro Tw

garrydog

Hi

I have been reading postings on a lot of web sites ,trying to make up my mind as to which kayak to buy . The one that i like is the scupper pro tw ,but i know it has a narrow cockpit ,and i may be a bit large for it.I am 14.5st and have a 38in waist, not being able to find one close by my home to sit in ,or to try out , can anyone advise me .

Thanks .

HI Garrydog

38in waist might be pushing it. If you are in the Hampshire area you are welcome to a "fitting". I'm a 34in and its just about right. Think a 36in waist would be snug. 38in? worth a try out.

If you haven't already done so look at "Yaraks first trip...." thread. Great Yak if you like to travel!

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Garrydog,

I have to agree, 38 inches is gping to be a snug fit for Pro. Captain's Organ tried it and found it too tight so went for the Prowler 13. BUT another option to try in the Scupper Pro style would be the Perception Freedom. Long, slim, touring kayak with a more capacious seating and cockpit area. Tank well too. A nice kayak and much the same price.

Like Darnsarf says - where are you? My Pro is in Staffordshire, and again you are welcome to try it. If it does fit it is a very good kayak.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Hi Garrydog..

Welcome to our home :)

You sound like your about the same stats as myself.

I looked at the Scupper too, but was not convinced that the seating arrangement was suitable for riding side saddle.

So I opted for the Prowler 15, and havnt looked back, she is an outstanding Kayak.

The 13 is a nice Kayak too, but at the momment has a bit of trouble with leaks around the scupper holes.

Hopefully these faults will be cured soon.

The 15 is a dream to rig, there are several options open to you as far as rigging goes.

That is down to your personal choices, and methods of fishing.

Im based in the southwest Devon, so, if your close, you can try her out.

Good luck.

YY :)

garrydog,

Welcome onboard, if you want to try out a Prowler 13 or indeed the smaller Caper, I'm based in Hampshire and more than happy to meet up in the Solent somewhere, might even be able to drag darnsarf along so that you can try the Scupper TW as well.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi

Thanks to all of you for all your help ,i think you are all right i need to have a rethink .I looked at a p13 at Brookbank canoes in Stockport it looked very good ,but i wanted a kayak that is also good for touring ,hence the scupper .I like the look of the perception freedom ,do any of you use one,are they ok .

I live in Lancashire in the town of Leigh ,i have to travel to all of my fishing i fish in South Wales,Anglsey,and southern Scotland .

Thanks Dave .

Hi

Thanks to all of you for all your help ,i think you are all right i need to have a rethink .I looked at a p13 at Brookbank canoes in Stockport it looked very good ,but i wanted a kayak that is also good for touring ,hence the scupper .I like the look of the perception freedom ,do any of you use one,are they ok .

I live in Lancashire in the town of Leigh ,i have to travel to all of my fishing i fish in South Wales,Anglsey,and southern Scotland .

Thanks Dave .

As Yakity has suggested I'd consider the Prowler 15. It's a fast yak and would probably be suited to distance work (I haven't paddled one myself). The leg room is less than that of the P13 but if you don't plan on fitting a rudder with foot controls you may be ok. Worth a look anyway.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

shame your butt is too big for the scupper pro---I went out on Sunday with Darnsarf and I must say that is one beautiful kayak---------he also caught his first fish in it! but I'll leave that to Darnsarf to tell you about :D

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Did it have 6 legs and claws :D Did you get a photo :D Did he manage to stay dry :D

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Did it have 6 legs and claws :D Did you get a photo :D Did he manage to stay dry :D

no----no---and yes--I'm saying nothing more---I blanked :o

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph