Booty Bargain

Guest tigger

Guest tigger

Can anyone tell me if these lures are any good?

My wife brought me a box full back from one of her local regular boot sales. She only gave £5 for all 22 of them so no worries if they aren't very good; just curious if anyones recognises any of them? And if so are they any good?

Fishinglures1web.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My wife brought me a box full back from one of her local regular boot sales. She only gave £5 for all 22 of them so no worries if they aren't very good; just curious if anyones recognises any of them? And if so are they any good?

Fishinglures1web.jpg

Very good for fiver, includes a couple of Shakespeare big 'S', which are reliable fish takers, for both Pike and Perch.

Wiil you take £6 for the lot?????? ;)

seriously i would have given £15 to 20 for that lot, she did well.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Fishinglures1web.jpg

Yeah, i recognize em,all of them,they're mine and they were nicked out of my shed 3 months ago.I WANT EM BACK.

You got an absolute bargain there with £5 each being about the going rate.

The Salmo (four in fron the right on the top) is a particular favorite of mine.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Tigger what is it with you and car boots, you're blessed man.

I'm no expert on lures so I'll leave it to others but I did catch my first proper Pike on the same lure as fifth from the left on the bottom row. I'd give you a fiver just for that one. Has anyone else seen one of those lures recently are they easy to get hold of? Might of been made by a Swedish company called Landen or something like that. Might be wrong though, usually am.

Well done again, they all look in good nick too.

After the nights fishing I had last night and early this morning someone nearly got complete sets of Coarse, Sea and Game tackle for a fiver a a car boot in Suffolk this afternoon.

I was going to start a whinging thread but thought better of it..

Fishinglures1web.jpg

Result

I have always been a fan of the big s. Its a fantastic lure for all species and i have caught a lot of fish on them over the years, But remmember all lures have their day depending on conditions. At least at that price you wont be to scared of losing one or two lol

Bind my wounds, And bring me a fresh horse.

Guest tigger

Here is a different picture. It may be a bit easier to distinguish which is which and what models they are and if they are any good

Fishinglures2web.jpg

Thay are all good, all you need now is a baitcaster/lure rod, a low profile multiplier loaded with braid, some wire traces and your in the predator business.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Guest tigger
Thay are all good, all you need now is a baitcaster/lure rod, a low profile multiplier loaded with braid, some wire traces and your in the predator business.

Yeah Emma I have a small multiplier Abu 5501c3 and it's good for lure fishing. I have a Greys 11 ft greyflex rod and a small Abu for lighter work. I've been on about getting a single handed lure rod for yonk's but just never got round to actually buying one I've got power pro on that reel and on my okuma vs fixed spool. I 've used spinners for pike since I was very young but never really gone at it seriously. I've caught smalll pike spinning up to arround 9/10 lb so nothing to get excited about. I've also caught Perch but nothing over the pound mark. As I say I've just played at it when I've been bored.