casting

petera

Fixed spool, baitcaster or centerpin ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Fixed spool that'll be then. What kind of rod do you have?

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. When casting, make sure your body and feet are as square on to where you want to cast as possible. Bring the rod behind you, and when you cast, make sure that you cast directly over the top of your head (not slightly to the side) but directly over your head. Assuming you're right handed, use your right hand as a fulcrum and bring the rod over by pulling the butt down with your left hand. If you are unhappy with the cast because it has gone too far left or right, wind in and adjust your feet accordingly, but only make small adjustments, as they can make a big difference over a good distance.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Stand with your feet about shoulder-width apart. When casting, make sure your body and feet are as square on to where you want to cast as possible. Bring the rod behind you, and when you cast, make sure that you cast directly over the top of your head (not slightly to the side) but directly over your head. Assuming you're right handed, use your right hand as a fulcrum and bring the rod over by pulling the butt down with your left hand. If you are unhappy with the cast because it has gone too far left or right, wind in and adjust your feet accordingly, but only make small adjustments, as they can make a big difference over a good distance.

Thanks for that

I'll give it a go this week . :)

the main key to casting is keeping an eye on where you want to cast rather than the rig, and to let the line loose at the right point (your arms should both be straight or near to when you let the line go).

Thanks to the miracle of "Similar topics", all of your questions should be answered here.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

My simple advice on casting is...............Buy a pole its far easier :D:D:D it saves all the bu**ering about

Just one big fish, PLEASE!!!!!!