Dolphin

Steve Randles

Heard a report of a Dolphin that had followed fishing boats into a harbour, seemingly lost. So I raced accros to Maryport Harbour on the Cumbrian coast today and snapped these two. Will have to go and have a second go as I am not entirely happy with the results.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Cool.

I've got a wicked dolphin pic somewhere, although mine was captive and doesn't really count.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

What football match were they taken at Steve? I can't believe the ref didn't call the game off due to a waterlogged pitch. :D

Great shots, were you on a boat or the harbour wall taking these? I've never seen a Dolphin in the wild, for you to manage to photograph them is fantastic, what a shame about the poor light today forcing slow shutter speeds.

One of the local kids threw the ball in for it, it did show a little interest in it for a min or two. I was on the harbour wall and water was 30ft down so that compounded the light problem. Will try an early start in the next few days whereby I can actually walk the marina pontoons, at water level should get some better shots...I hope.:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

I took these shots from my boat whilst under way.

Steve how do you get your pics on the forum so big , the first one used nearl all my capacity?

post-4453-1136657560_thumb.jpg

post-4453-1136657683_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave Godwin

Dave,

Steves pics are hosted on a different server.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

I use the webspace suppliedby my isp along with my connection, most people will have this service provided but few seem to know about it or even use. With space ranging from 20-50MB, thats a lot of photos that can be hosted. Worth looking into. :)

Focal Planet

I took these shots from my boat whilst under way.

Steve how do you get your pics on the forum so big , the first one used nearl all my capacity?

you can open an account with these

http://photobucket.com/

then follow the instructions for uploading your photos then copy and paste the text thats in the box with img next to it into your message on here

see pic below

post-186-1136668380_thumb.jpg

you should save them as jpeg or giff files so that they are small and should be about 400-600 pixels

Steve look forward to seeing the next shots if you get the chance(fingers crossed)

Edited by paul mc
Regards Paul Mc