3 Bearded Rockling

spanner

Paul, Well done son. ...that must be near the record surely....Mine was over 1lb, but dont know exactly, as I wanted it photod and put back ASAP....to what shore caught Skate, are you referring ????? :D

BTW, wheres the pic of your one..... :rolleyes:

[ 24. November 2004, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

A way short of the scottish record as well, its 3lb 1oz.

Quite a pretty in an ugly sort of way... but no photo....I would have but...... it was dark.....I was on my own......I wanted to return it ASAP......and didn't have a camera with me anyway!

I'm refering to the skate with my name on it of course!

Have landed two Rockling over the years, both from the exact same spot, and caught the exact same way.

Whilst shore fishing for conger eels in 3 foot of water, the hook was not in either of the fish ... instead the gready little things somehow managed to get the bend of the 8/0s lodged in their mouths as they chewed on the fillets of mackerel.

One over 2lbs is truly a good catch!

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Gillies:

Whilst shore fishing for conger eels in 3 foot of water,

Hmmmm that wouldn't have been a certain top secret mark, that also produces Lobsters.. would it ???

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Ha Ha - the secret Lobster mark .... not this time :) was my favourite shore conger mark at the cavern at Holm Rocks (the highest part where you catch the mogs "your left as you go down onto the ledge" - the cavern that floods with water behind you, remember it? ... just at the mouth of it) - can be good for the congers on an outgoing tide with a ruby duby down to get the scent over the rock and kelp.

The secret Lobster mark is still producing the goods I was hearing the other week, both the strong jawed long wriggly things and the things with claws. :) Am trying to get the nerve up to give it a go again .... :D

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com