What are your aim's this year?

RUDD

:g: What are your aim's for this year in carping terms?

As usual my main gaim is to catch one of the elusive twenties from my club waters.

I know there are atleast three or four over twenty and maybe even a thirty.

My best from these two waters are both eighteen's and my best last year was a 16.5lb which I belive had just finished spawning.

Three 20+ came out last year and loads just below.

I also aim to catch some carp on popped up artifical corn or maize.

Had plenty of bream, tench and chub last year so I know my rigs are working.

I also intend to do more overnighters now that I am better equiped.

My last aim is to catch one of the few Mirrors in the waters.

This would be good as they tend to be of a better stamp than the Commons and Ghosties I caught last year.

What about yourselves?

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fishing is my secondary interest nowadays - as my avatar may indicate ;) However I hope to get out a little more this year - starting in March (I'm too busy up til then). Apart from that I want to catch one of the fairly common big fish from the main syndicate lake I'm in. There are more than a few over 40lb so that is my target and has been for quite a few years now. I would be equally happy to catch one that size from France, when I go there in Sept.

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Interesting one for me, as this is the first year for a good while that I’ve not really set myself any targets. Have a baby due in March which I know is going bring a considerable change to my previous style of fishing. That said, I’ve not been doing much over the last few months whilst working on house, etc, so it’s not as if it’s going to be a sudden change.

I’ve struggled to get out for nights or long sessions of late so have reverted back to short-session carping, just a few snatched hours here and there, and I dare say much of the year will be like this, so my only aim is to maximise my chances of a big kipper when I do get some time on the bank.

Been enjoying the challenge so far and have managed to bank a few lovely fish along the way.

Also, as I know I’m going to be at home more, I’m looking at a few ‘in-house’ projects B) building a new stalking rod being the first.

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Interesting one for me, as this is the first year for a good while that I’ve not really set myself any targets. Have a baby due in March which I know is going bring a considerable change to my previous style of fishing. That said, I’ve not been doing much over the last few months whilst working on house, etc, so it’s not as if it’s going to be a sudden change.

I’ve struggled to get out for nights or long sessions of late so have reverted back to short-session carping, just a few snatched hours here and there, and I dare say much of the year will be like this, so my only aim is to maximise my chances of a big kipper when I do get some time on the bank.

Been enjoying the challenge so far and have managed to bank a few lovely fish along the way.

Also, as I know I’m going to be at home more, I’m looking at a few ‘in-house’ projects B) building a new stalking rod being the first.

Julian, My fishing (All species) for the last four years has been mainly short session's.

Strange that my eldest is now also four!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Life changing - you bet!

I have found that short session fishing made me change my way of thinking and therefore my tactics.

I have actually done better than most of the other anglers on my club waters because of this.

They can arrive after 8am sit all day struggling then go home at 6pm - suits me fine.

I have the waters early morning's or in the evening's to myself - when the fish feed!!!!!!!

Summers Ok but during autumn and spring I have very small windows to catch fish in.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Like a couple of you guys I have my 2nd little one due in May so pile the sessions in before then knowing time will be at a prenium after.

Same as every season I will try and better my PB and carry on developing my river fishing.

I've sneakily booked a week in France for the end of the year just before the wife ends her maternity leave so I can escape nappies and 2am feeds for a week so thats something to look forward to all Summer.

Freaky, my wife is expecting our first child the end of march starting of april, May be we should have a father and fathers to be fishing day be for the great day occurs :clap2:

My aim this year is to catch a 20, had a 17lb out last year on the only 2 day session i had, but other than that what ever comes along i will be happy.

STC

It was the fish i tell you, they were talking to me !!!

I am going to try for some river carp this year, have some likely spots planned (thanks to some advise off this site), I have another trip to Canada planned for May, so hopefully that will produce some great commons for me. ;)